Tommy Doyle | Signs for Wolves | will be confirmed Jul 1st

Good player but massively overhyped. Anyone in the know will know…
Tommy never was and never will be good enough for city first team but the club hyped him up like he was, he’s always been a championship type player, of course nothing wrong with that and he’ll have a good professional career I’m certain of that.
ps, England youth call ups generally mean nothing long term, apart from the odd gifted few like foden etc who go all the way. Far more England youth players end up in non league or out the game than playing prem level.

What a weird loan. Reports of several decent championship sides wanting him yet we send him to bundesliga 2 for a year in oblivion.

We've got several CFG clubs that surely could have benefitted from him and we would have more control over his development if for whatever reason we couldn't get him a championship loan. Girona or Troyes have to be better options.

Hope he proves me wrong as I don't think any of the youth loves city more than this kid but can't see how any prospect that stands a decent chance of making it here will be spending their 20th birthday in the German 2nd division.

Glad that he got a loan but the destination club seems odd. There are some well known clubs in Germany's second tier including Schalke, Werder Bremen, Dynamo Dresden and my favourites Hansa Rostock but not sure of the standard they are at.

I guess there must be reasons for choosing this club for him - good luck to him and hopefully one of their fans can register on here and give us news about him in the same way that RSC Anderlecht Huisstijl about THB

Will he stand out at the BL2 level, or will he be technically and physically seen as average quality at that level?

Those are reasonable yardsticks and will give him the chance to ply his trade, whatever that’s going to be for him, in a different environment playing with men not boys, away from the glare of City.

It sounds like it might be a “make or break” time for him with City, where he needs to fill out his physique and his game, and make the step up in all around game OUTSIDE a world class first team set-up.

I hope he grabs the opportunity with both hands and saves us £75M in a year or two. Sadly, I’ve seen nothing to date to make me believe that will happen, but that’s why they call these events “Golden opportunities!”

This doesn’t sound very promising. Such a shame, given his City pedigree.

The HSV Sporting Director, Michael Mutzel, said, "Tommy is a very interesting box-to-box player, who we have been closely watching for some time".

A really strange loan, which perhaps suggests he probably doesn’t have a long term future at City. There’s no way we’d send the likes of Palmer, Lavia or McAtee to the German second division.
Tommy Doyle needs game time there's no way at this time he's getting any games here, even if he does it'd be in a deeper role and he's a box to box midfielder who needs to play in his desired role... Doyle isn't the type who can learn and improve by having even a dozen sub appearances, he needs game after game to grow and stamp his authority for a team.

We probably wouldn't even let the likes of a young Steven Gerrard or Frank Lampard in our team cos of their style differences, we want a silky centre midfielder and a deep lying midfielder no all out action that's solely Kev's role and we trust Bernardo to deputise if he's out so Tommy Doyle's favoured route has always been blocked, even if he played we'd still be restricting his style a loan anywhere is absolutely perfect for him and what he needs... He needs to be in a lessor league and try to be some teams version of Kev to grow, with him being an energetic all action central midfielder he needs this... only thing I'd say is this loan should've happened last season at championship level or even league 1 for a Sunderland type team.
What a weird loan. Reports of several decent championship sides wanting him yet we send him to bundesliga 2 for a year in oblivion.

We've got several CFG clubs that surely could have benefitted from him and we would have more control over his development if for whatever reason we couldn't get him a championship loan. Girona or Troyes have to be better options.

Hope he proves me wrong as I don't think any of the youth loves city more than this kid but can't see how any prospect that stands a decent chance of making it here will be spending their 20th birthday in the German 2nd division.
I think it's a fantastic move for him if they give him license to roam and be a proper Box to box midfielder, he's a hard worker and needs to be in that league he'll thrive and be a far better player for it.

The bundesliga 2 looks quite competitive this year according to German media, their fans are said to be initially unimpressed but the Hamburg midfield has been pretty lethargic in recent times, they might not realise they're desperate for a midfielder of his type and if it works out this season and they promote it could be a 2 year loan... If they promote and he shines in the top flight it could do his chances here the world of good, if he doesn't make it here but does all that he'll develop into a good Prem player and gain us a fairly decent transfer fee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.