It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll not talk about Txiki but I will...

If you're looking for shinny players try Grealish, I think he'll suit you.
So what is your problem? I stated that city don't sell players at high price and the fact that fans just buy what the medias say, when the results are not good people tend to compensate the envy with having new players and not taking into account the details (wages, adaptability of the players etc)

Unlike the Public Sector there is no obligation to spend it or lose it, simply a budget possibility not a requirement.

Their money to spend in another direction if they want although traditionally invested at City rather than divied up among shareholders.

Yup,agreed again,but we can't afford it according to Pep,so who knows

I was told by a very good source that Pep was not bothered about buying a CF, he likes false 9 and sees Foden as perfect for the role, with back up from Raheem, Jesus and Kev. I got rounded on in typical BM style as being a bullshitter. Pep told my source and I quote " we have seen nothing yet" as he is perfecting the plan and Foden is central to it. Buying a CF like all the media suggested we needed would only have been done and again i quote "if it was an exceptional opportunity". The signing of Grealish adds another false 9 possibility and he was always the main target. Pep rates him very highly and will make him a better player. In 12 months Grealish could possibly be one of the best payers on the planet.

I agree with you, the negativity has been disappointing, some of our fans sound spoiled brats, In my opinion we now have the best squad in our history, we have some really promising kids as you have suggested and Torres could well be one of our best ever buys.
I fully agree, a team is improved with players
Why is it fashionable to deride those questioning the transfer strategy/results as having slapped arses or being entitled?

Pep led the team to win the league last year and made it clear that it needed refreshing with a couple of key signings, most importantly a striker. Khaldoon reiterated that. That they courted Kane, briefing confidence up to a week ago, and got nowhere near is worthy of criticism. As is having no back up option (see the flirtation with Ronaldo).

City will win games and play great football - possibly even win the league again. However, Pep and the club wanted a striker (Pep mentioned Kane in a couple of pressers which he rarely does), put all their eggs in Kane's basket and came out with nothing - it is worthy of criticism.
Who is the back striker in your opinion? I agree with you but we don't have the details unless if the club publicly talk about the subject
By experience buying just for the sack of buying doesn't work. I remember when Bony was bought, how some fans where over the moon and some journos writing about the greatestness of bony and how he is going to transform the team.
Football players are like show jumping horses, sometimes it is a lottery, you can have a good one, but he is not adapted to your riding (in football case, the tactics, personality, wages and the coach)

I was told by a very good source that Pep was not bothered about buying a CF, he likes false 9 and sees Foden as perfect for the role, with back up from Raheem, Jesus and Kev. I got rounded on in typical BM style as being a bullshitter. Pep told my source and I quote " we have seen nothing yet" as he is perfecting the plan and Foden is central to it. Buying a CF like all the media suggested we needed would only have been done and again i quote "if it was an exceptional opportunity". The signing of Grealish adds another false 9 possibility and he was always the main target. Pep rates him very highly and will make him a better player. In 12 months Grealish could possibly be one of the best payers on the planet.

I agree with you, the negativity has been disappointing, some of our fans sound spoiled brats, In my opinion we now have the best squad in our history, we have some really promising kids as you have suggested and Torres could well be one of our best ever buys.

I could call you a few things ;-) but bullshitter isn't one. I have no doubt that you posted honestly.

I find the huge amounts of negativity about City from our own support on social media deeply tiresome blight.

I won't deny being disappointed that we did not sign a world class striker but the options to do that or to improve our squad are limited and it is both difficult and expensive to do it. I believe the players that we kept, who were rumoured to be possible departures, are mostly better than our competitors added in the same positions, particularly in our own league; PSG are another story but we will find out how we compare to them this season soon enough.

We did improve our squad by adding Jack, with only an ailing Aguero leaving. I have very high hopes of Mr Grealish and fully agree we have the best squad in our history.

The point you raise about Foden is interesting as I have long considered him to have huge goal scoring potential. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he could pull off a decent Messi in false nine role "impersonation". Added to which, Torres has done nothing yet to suggest he cannot continue being clinical in front of goal; and the way his movement is coming on gives me great optimism that he will prove to be one of the bargains of the century.

I am quite sure that if Pep had wanted an out and out #9 signing at all costs, the club would have found an alternative to Kane but they haven't and that tells me there is a plan. If it's not looking like working, January will come around quite quickly.

Wow long post, I agree with most of it, although I think you downplay the rags acquisitions, Varanne will be a huge signing for them.

It's going to be a very close title race, Chelsea and rags will have optimism from their signings, Liverpool will have their defensive players back from injury and their rabid referee influencing fans back. You would imagine Leicester, Spurs, Everton and West Ham might take a few points off the bigger teams.

We will have super Jack Grealish and a title winning squad, not ideal without a recognised striker but let's get behind the team.

All about opinions and I respect yours. I honestly think Varanne is a busted flush - been awful for a couple of years and whilst the move might reinvigorate him I really don’t think Real would have let him go if he was an A1 defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.