Ederson and Jesus cleared to play (Pg 63)

I don't get that Jim... Although it's quite rare, as I understand it, players have the right to decline to ever play for their national team if they don't want to. As far as I know, they're not actually contracted to the national association. I'm prepared to be educated to the contrary!
Your comment suggests that a national association has some sort of hold on players regardless of club contracts.
I'm not sure what the situation is if the player refuses to hook up with his national team. I was thinking of the association calling him up, and the club refusing to release him.

I'm not sure what the situation is if the player refuses to hook up with his national team. I was thinking of the association calling him up, and the club refusing to release him.

Absolutely.

Hmmm FIFA being ridiculous….It’s like proposing a World Cup every 2 years instead of 4 years they would have to out of their minds…Or a Winter WC in a boiling hot country which nobody will go to mid season.

Wait a minute….. ;-)
Maybe a club world cup every summer for every runner up too?
This Fifa malarky is a piece of piss

Maybe a club world cup every summer for every runner up too?
This Fifa malarky is a piece of piss
Well they could easily do World Cup 2 for the teams that can't qualify for the proper one (Scotland and the like). And if you win it, you automatically qualify for the next World Cup, kinda like the Europa League. Maybe you could even have teams that get knocked out in the group stages of the World Cup dropping into World Cup 2. And then you could have the classic sight of formerly top teams winning it and desperately trying to convince themselves that it's an important trophy even though they're only in it because they were too shit for the proper competition.

I'd better stop now, or they're probably try and do it.

There will be a compromise,absolutely no way can they enforce this when what we have been through the last 18 months,it’s just bluster from fifa ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.