Hgv tests relaxed by government

Will part of the new test be
"There's a fellow HGV driver, 300 yds up ahead, doing 55 mph. I'm currently doing 56 mph. Shall I immediately pull into the middle lane of the motorway, maintaining my 56 mph, thus causing a tailback for the next few hours until I finally overtake, and move back into the inside lane".

If the answer is yes, congratulations. You've passed (the test.... not the HGV)
Even better you're required to do it on a two lane dual carriageway then you can really cause a tailback.

Will part of the new test be
"There's a fellow HGV driver, 300 yds up ahead, doing 55 mph. I'm currently doing 56 mph. Shall I immediately pull into the middle lane of the motorway, maintaining my 56 mph, thus causing a tailback for the next few hours until I finally overtake, and move back into the inside lane".

If the answer is yes, congratulations. You've passed (the test.... not the HGV)
No way. It should be on the A1 - two lanes and block all of them for the next 15 miles as the guys you have overtaken decides that he can go a fraction quicker than you. Oh I do love the A1. The next challenge is driving from Kings Lynn to Newark on the A17 at 40 miles an hour as there are no passing places.

They are all excellent tests but I hope they are not doing away with the stealing the valuable package deposited in the back of the truck amongst the crap Drone and Snorky have ordered, whilst overtaking a truck doing 55 mph, having a piss and watching X Hamster one

They are NOT removing the reversing aspect of the test. When doing a HGV test the first thing you do is the reverse in the centre before you go out on the road. If you don't pass that you don't go any further. If you then go on to fail out on the road you wont have to do the reversing part on any further tests. Thus saving time, enabling them to do more tests per day.
Come on mate, you know everyone wants to go into a complete meltdown after reading something [usually made up] in a newspaper, before finding out the truth.

The way people see the shit the papers make up about City, yet then believe everything they read in other news, is hilarious on this site. The Politics and Transfer forums are filled with lunatics doing that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.