United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
shaw, Fernandes, Ronaldo, maguire, pogpa in my opinion. That’s half a team. Don’t kid yourself they are a very good squad and we are playing without a number 9.
A very good squad will get you so far but a less than adequate manager will always show some weaknesses which will be overcome with the help of the Premier League and their forward based operatives.

They will be challenging, the brand determines it.

Got up, started to read sports news, gave up. Can anyone recommend a publication where it isn't just news on what Ronaldo had for breakfast and is actual balanced sports news? Even the rags must be sick of this, does anyone actually read these articles?

More bollocks from Neville, copying Ferguson in using a hypothetical situation as a reason why he is better than Messi. Its just ridiculous. Can't remember exactly but ferguson reasoning was along the lines over Ronaldo being able to elevate an average team and make them contenders where he believed Messi couldn't. So he used something he has never done as a reason why he is better. Its just stupid.

Carragher schooled Neville which wasnt too hard as he kept contradicting himself, and was clearly at the view point that there isnt a single negative in signing a 36 yr old Ronaldo. The stuff with if Ronaldo would stop other signings coming in, Neville answers just didnt make sense and he had to end by saying its like arguing with a 5 year old.

Hang on, you'd have Fernandes, Maguire, and Pogba in our TEAM? Assuming you're not on a windup, ahead of who? I don't doubt they're decent enough players but there's nowhere in our team for those 3 at the moment.

Grow up. No i am not on the wind up. Fernandes is a great player who has scored or assist stats are second to none over the last year. There is nothing between Stones and Maguire and on his day Pogba is excelelnt and he has started teh season very well.

So to answer your very ignorantly response correctly - Fernandes over Sterling, Maguire over Stones (Just or certainly on a par) and Pogba over Gundog. Not many could argue against that on current form.

Other than Shaw,maybe Fernandes,who gets in our team ahead of others?

I agree,they have improved and they will challenge for a trophy or two,but a team of mercenaries will never be a match for our band of brothers.
Their players make money, ours make history.

Grow up. No i am not on the wind up. Fernandes is a great player who has scored or assist stats are second to none over the last year. There is nothing between Stones and Maguire and on his day Pogba is excelelnt and he has started teh season very well.

So to answer your very ignorantly response correctly - Fernandes over Sterling, Maguire over Stones (Just or certainly on a par) and Pogba over Gundog. Not many could argue against that on current form.

Ill argue against it, Stones was the best English defender last season in an attacking team, no double sixes needed for him like Maguire.

Gundogan was arguably top midfielder last season whereas Pogba was routinely criticised & they wanted rid of him.

Fernandes went missing in every big game.

Sorry, just seen this. Not a chance Pogba gets into a Pep team. I’ve never encountered a player who is so consistently overrated by so many people. He’s been bang average since he’s signed apart from the last few games - and yet people are pointing towards the latter as evidence of his world class status whilst ignoring the former.

Plus Stones and Sterling aren’t currently making our first XI, so you need to have a rethink about those two.

Ha FFS, definitely on a wind up. I'm out!

Sorry, just seen this. Not a chance Pogba gets into a Pep team. I’ve never encountered a player who is so consistently overrated by so many people. He’s been bang average since he’s signed apart from the last few games - and yet people are pointing towards the latter as evidence of his world class status whilst ignoring the former.

Plus Stones and Sterling aren’t currently making our first XI, so you need to have a rethink about those two.

Their best centre half is only better than Ake, their midfield does not work. Pogba is ok roughing up 3rd rate premier league teams but they need someone equal to Fernandes to start bossing the bigger games. There’s 3 better teams than them at the moment in the premier league in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.