Ref Watch

If you look at our possession v fouls, we are certainly the dirtiest team in the PL and have been for the last few years!
It's nothing more than what every ref does in our games - men, women, kids - contact is a foul, and if the contact results in the player hitting the turf it's a card. On the other hand. . . . . . . . . !

When we attempt to win the ball back to reduce even further the oppostion possession it's deemed a foul. I think we foul ourselves, but the oppos get the free! The same applies to cards - identical incidents are treated very differently when it comes to sanctioning players.

It's nothing more than what every ref does in our games - men, women, kids - contact is a foul, and if the contact results in the player hitting the turf it's a card. On the other hand. . . . . . . . . !

When we attempt to win the ball back to reduce even further the oppostion possession it's deemed a foul. I think we foul ourselves, but the oppos get the free! The same applies to cards - identical incidents are treated very differently when it comes to sanctioning players.
I've just watched the replay of Saturday. It's generally a very different perspective from when you're in the stands, in the moment and probably 100 yards away from the action but that's spot on. Contact that's deemed 'normal', coming together, bumps, bits of pushing etc are just that when opposition teams do them but, when a City player does it, it's a foul which eventually lead to a yellow card.

I've just watched the replay of Saturday. It's generally a very different perspective from when you're in the stands, in the moment and probably 100 yards away from the action but that's spot on. Contact that's deemed 'normal', coming together, bumps, bits of pushing etc are just that when opposition teams do them but, when a City player does it, it's a foul which eventually lead to a yellow card.
The game yesterday at The Academy - there was one instance where the ball bobbled up and hit one of our players on the hand. The ref immediately blew, and because it was one of those 'innocuous' handballs where most players were wondering why she'd blown, she started waving her hand as though she was after a taxi (we wish), and in the same half, right in front of me AND the lino, the Spurs lookalike and playalike Harry Cripps had Bunny Shaw in a mild Graeco-Roman wrestling move - both arms round her waist. i concluded that 'holding' was now deemed 'contact' and as it was on one of our players it was a case of 'play on!

The worse thing that can be said of the ref's performance after a game is that he or she affected the result by getting something wrong or missing some infringement that was as clear as day to the assembled fans. That was the case yesterday. The result did not reflect what had happened on the pitch.

I am also slightly bemused by the fact that these 'mistakes' are just taken as part of the rough 'n smooth, swings 'n roundabouts of a fast moving game (well, in our case, yesterday, slightly 'fastish'!) but these matches are streamed via the FAPlayer to any nook 'n cranny in the world that has an internet connection. Why isn't VAR fastened into the situation? The US tennis had automatic hawkeye. Other sports move on and are almost foolproof in their decision making. And if they are not foolproof at least they are transparent. Football is proof that it is administered by fools.

For me the Leicester game had one major fault, the foul on Ederson should have been a red card, i know that would have been harsh and the player was trying to pull away, but that only shows it was a dangerous challenge and that he was not in control, both reasons for a red. It is shocking that the ref did not blow for a foul or even stop the game for a head injury.

For me the Leicester game had one major fault, the foul on Ederson should have been a red card, i know that would have been harsh and the player was trying to pull away, but that only shows it was a dangerous challenge and that he was not in control, both reasons for a red. It is shocking that the ref did not blow for a foul or even stop the game for a head injury.
Don't think it warranted a red but the referee should have immediately stopped play.

I don’t know him or know anybody who does, but what I do know is that he, like many, officiate us in a very different way to many other clubs.

I note that we gave away 11 fouls to Leicester’s 4, even with over 60% possession, and numerous times where we were fouled but the ref played advantage, even if Leicester had the ball.
We can't really blame this on Taylor though, as he was busy with United v Newcastle this weekend. Paul Tierney was our referee.

Don't think it warranted a red but the referee should have immediately stopped play.
Under the laws of the game it was a red but i do not think anyone wanted it as he was trying to pull away, but as i said it was a shocking decision by the ref to ignore the situation.

Fatty Moss for Soton. Atkinson on VAR.

Will he miss another obvious penalty for us like he did last season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.