Conspiracy theories......

The period of history where Christianity (made up in about 300CE) and Islam (made up in about 600CE) were made up and spread are also known as the Dark Ages, where, seemingly, the entire region that these two mythologies spread from and to were consumed with these fantasy stories so much that it put a pause on scientific discovery and human reasoning.

When people finally started to take scientific discovery and mathematics up again in Central Asia (eg. Jamshīd Masʿūd al-Kāshī) and then Europe (eg. Leondaedo da Vinci), and the enlightenment era (starting in France and Brtain) that took human reasoning away from religious thought; we started moving forward as a species again.

I’m convinced we would have been further on as a species if it weren’t for religion. I think his “cure for cancer” was just an example of something we haven’t done yet as a species, from many examples we could have chosen.
Good response,fair points,well made,thanks PC.

The period of history where Christianity (made up in about 300CE) and Islam (made up in about 600CE) were made up and spread are also known as the Dark Ages, where, seemingly, the entire region that these two mythologies spread from and to were consumed with these fantasy stories so much that it put a pause on scientific discovery and human reasoning.

When people finally started to take scientific discovery and mathematics up again in Central Asia (eg. Jamshīd Masʿūd al-Kāshī) and then Europe (eg. Leondaedo da Vinci), and the enlightenment era (starting in France and Brtain) that took human reasoning away from religious thought; we started moving forward as a species again.

I’m convinced we would have been further on as a species if it weren’t for religion. I think his “cure for cancer” was just an example of something we haven’t done yet as a species, from many examples we could have chosen.

even modern times with the likes of stem cell research being stunted due to religious beliefs.

Genuine question Markir,how do you think a retardation of religious belief would have resulted in a cure for cancer?
Like PC says. Religion held back science in many ways. People have been forced into believing and denying science over the years. There was a time that even suggesting that a god might not have created us would have lead to being stoned or killed.
There's people still putting their faith in a god rather than take a vaccine.

“I go into the Upanishads to ask questions” ~ Niels Bohr (physicist, Nobel Prize winner, 1885 - 1962)

“Quantum theory will not look ridiculous to people who have read Vedanta” ~ Werner Heisenberg (physicist, Nobel Prize winner, 1901 - 1976)

“The unity and continuity of Vedanta are reflected in the unity and continuity of wave mechanics” ~ Erwin Schrödinger (physicist, Nobel Prize winner, 1887 – 1961

“Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe - a spirit vastly superior to that of man” ~ Albert Einstein (physicist, Nobel Prize winner, 1879 – 1955)

“It was not by accident that the greatest thinkers of all ages were deeply religious souls” ~ Max Planck (physicist, Nobel Prize winner, 1858 – 1947

Would appear that a few Nobel Prize winning physicists may not have been so anti-religious.

Like PC says. Religion held back science in many ways. People have been forced into believing and denying science over the years. There was a time that even suggesting that a god might not have created us would have lead to being stoned or killed.
There's people still putting their faith in a god rather than take a vaccine.
Thanks mate,something for me to ponder on.

“I go into the Upanishads to ask questions” ~ Niels Bohr (physicist, Nobel Prize winner, 1885 - 1962)

“Quantum theory will not look ridiculous to people who have read Vedanta” ~ Werner Heisenberg (physicist, Nobel Prize winner, 1901 - 1976)

“The unity and continuity of Vedanta are reflected in the unity and continuity of wave mechanics” ~ Erwin Schrödinger (physicist, Nobel Prize winner, 1887 – 1961

“Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe - a spirit vastly superior to that of man” ~ Albert Einstein (physicist, Nobel Prize winner, 1879 – 1955)

“It was not by accident that the greatest thinkers of all ages were deeply religious souls” ~ Max Planck (physicist, Nobel Prize winner, 1858 – 1947

Would appear that a few Nobel Prize winning physicists may not have been so anti-religious.
Einstein was.

Isaac Newton, who set back scientific thought thousands of years…

“In his famous Principia, Newton wrote: “This Being governs all things, not as the soul of the world, but as Lord over all. . . . The Supreme God is a Being eternal, infinite, absolutely perfect . . . and from his true dominion it follows that the true God is a living, intelligent, and powerful Being. . . . He is not eternity and infinity, but eternal and infinite; he is not duration or space, but he endures and is present.” [7]

Newton also wrote, “When I wrote my treatise about our system I had an eye upon such principles as might work with considering men for the belief of a Deity; and nothing can rejoice me more than to find it useful for that purpose.””

One of the theories is it's impossible to get there as there's a layer of impenetrable radiation which would kill us.

Personally I'd like to see us back there just to do it again. But the alien moon bases wouldn't appreciate it after telling us to fuck off last time...
And if we do manage to get through the impenetrable radiation it's just a massive piece of cheese anyway......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.