Conspiracy theories......

They definitely wanted an excuse to invade the middle east that is a fact.

Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld used it as an excuse to go at Iraq. And Michael Meacher is a credible figure on fuck all by the way.

Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld used it as an excuse to go at Iraq. And Michael Meacher is a credible figure on fuck all by the way.
Slightly off topic but I had the pleasure of him on my doorstep a few years ago canvassing. 6 of them at 6 houses all knocked together, they'd all long gone by the time his wife drove back down the street to see where he was about 45 mins later.

So many issues to talk about including the state of Public employee pensions, equipment for official use and racism, he made the really bad move of when I told him I was a DWP Fraud Officer he looked across the road at an Asian couple going into their house and said 'I bet you catch lots around here.

I'll give him his due he stood there while I ripped, but didn't take up my offer to spend a week with me looking at the restrictions/skills needed which we ween't paid for...offered to pick him up at 04.00 for the next plot of the camera car the following day too so he could see how shit the technology we had was.

His parting words were "I'll get back to you" as he ran into the street to get in his wife's car........he never did, strange that.

Met someone yesterday who believes in ghosts, I asked if he had seen one but he said no but his friend had seen one and he trusts him.

That's where we are today.

BoringCapitalGilamonster-size_restricted.gif

There is a familiar theme to every conspiracy theory on a tragic event. The acts of individuals do not balance out against the misery and magnitude of what they cause. This means people have to find a way to reconcile and balance it out and that is done by creating a larger more sinister entity to blame than just the loners or the small groups of people responsible.
I guess some people find it vaguely comforting to think that, when confronted by all the random bad things that happen in the world, there is some shadowy figures behind it all and that this is all someone's plan when the reality, that there is no grand plan or guiding hand and the powers that be are all just making it up as they go along like the rest of us, is too frightening to contemplate.

Personally, I think there is a conspiracy to produce conspiracy theories....

I guess some people find it vaguely comforting to think that, when confronted by all the random bad things that happen in the world, there is some shadowy figures behind it all and that this is all someone's plan when the reality, that there is no grand plan or guiding hand and the powers that be are all just making it up as they go along like the rest of us, is too frightening to contemplate.

Personally, I think there is a conspiracy to produce conspiracy theories....

To make the ones that might be on to something look stupid you mean?
Alternatively to flood the space so much that meh is the only reaction when any theory is aired?

Thank God we live in the UK...only 15% of people here consider themselves religious. But yeah, this fantasy shit has held mankind back by hundreds of years. I believe we could have had cures for cancer or been to Mars and back by now if it wasn't for religion bullying and controlling us for the last few thousand years.
Genuine question Markir,how do you think a retardation of religious belief would have resulted in a cure for cancer?

Genuine question Markir,how do you think a retardation of religious belief would have resulted in a cure for cancer?
The period of history where Christianity (made up in about 300CE) and Islam (made up in about 600CE) were made up and spread are also known as the Dark Ages, where, seemingly, the entire region that these two mythologies spread from and to were consumed with these fantasy stories so much that it put a pause on scientific discovery and human reasoning.

When people finally started to take scientific discovery and mathematics up again in Central Asia (eg. Jamshīd Masʿūd al-Kāshī) and then Europe (eg. Leondaedo da Vinci), and the enlightenment era (starting in France and Brtain) that took human reasoning away from religious thought; we started moving forward as a species again.

I’m convinced we would have been further on as a species if it weren’t for religion. I think his “cure for cancer” was just an example of something we haven’t done yet as a species, from many examples we could have chosen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.