Email from City about ticket frustrations

Well I've raised quite a few specific problems with him and he's sorted them out or ensured they're dealt with by the right person. I know others have had responses from him.

Whatever the generic failings, he's usually brilliant at sorting out stuff.
Yes Danny is good but it the system & lack of trained staff that is at fault & that is not a quick fix

Well I've raised quite a few specific problems with him and he's sorted them out or ensured they're dealt with by the right person. I know others have had responses from him.

Whatever the generic failings, he's usually brilliant at sorting out stuff.

But, and I may be wrong here, as Director of operations, isn't Danny directly responsible for sorting out and possibly preempting these problems??

I think the e-mail was sent on the back / reflection of ticket sales.

No game so far has sold out this season, I doubt we will get 30,000 tonight if we are lucky.

Fans have been left frustrated on how we been treated and now they on trying damage limitation

I didnt ask if he was aware as I am sure he must have been
I was wondering if he replieyd to people's concerns or emails as the email he sent didn't adress individual concerned
Lots of angry & disappointed fans are still having problems
As far as I am aware Danny Wilson does respond to emails. Whether to every one or not I am of course, not privy to that information, and I don't think that every City fans is. As @prestwich blue has said the CM people have put lots of concerns on his desk, and as most of the concerns were extremely similar i.e. can't download ticket to Android/iPhone, can't get through on the phone etc. then an email addressed to all fans is much less time consuming for a senior figure in the organisation than trying to respond individually wouldn't you think?

But, and I may be wrong here, as Director of operations, isn't Danny directly responsible for sorting out and possibly preempting these problems??
There's been a host of failures leading up to where we are now. Too much complex change at once. Not enough planning and scenario analysis. Not enough system testing. Wrong approach to implementation. Failure to fully understand the impacts of decisions. Failure to resource up to meet customer needs. Too many issues that need manual intervention rather than being capable of being resolved online by users. And that's just part of the problems.

The question is how much latitude Danny really has. He reports to the new-ish CFG COO, Roel de Vries. Roel reports to Soriano. I doubt Danny took decisions unilaterally. So I don't think he should carry the can for any failures. Perhaps he just had to do what he was told, despite any doubts or misgivings he may have had. It's more important we learn lessons from this and that Roel de Vries builds an operational organisation that matches the football one. He's starting from a pretty low base so any improvement would be welcome.

My concern, as I've said before, is that there should be two separate organisation units. One specifically for City and another for the rest of CFG.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.