Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I’ve only just seen his response rather than just seen it written down and I do think this has been blown significantly out of proportion. He’s got a smile on his face, he’s saying it in a positive manner and it’s only part of a response to a bigger question. He also says it straight after pointing out we’ve scored sixteen goals in the last three games.

He’s right to say the football and his players deserve as packed a house as possible. He doesn’t put any blame on anyone, he’s just saying he wants as many people as possible there. I do think some have taken it too much to heart (and I get it) due to what others will think of it rather than seeing it and taking it at the intention it was meant.

Yes it would have been better if he hadn’t said it in those exact words. I really do think he’ll be annoyed at the way they’ve been latched onto too though.
In the era of 24/7 media spin, you SHOULD have the self awareness not to say such things, especially when they’re part of a larger meme used against your own fans.

There were many, many more positive ways to express the same sentiment, and I grant you English may be a fourth or fifth language for him, but it smacks of lack of PR awareness.

Nothing anyone says anymore disappears. Everything is available forever. Anyone who walks in front of a global TV audience must understand that their words are being broadcast across the world and saved for posterity in the internet by now.

Speaking of Pep smiling when he said it, I’m reminded of the game where the interviewer asked him why he didn’t look happy after the win. He made a cartoonish big grin and said “I’m so, so happy!” He knows!

Stay until the end and you’ll catch the one I’m talking about! ;-)

There's more than one way to win football matches and more than one style of playing attractive winning football.

I won't mourn his departure or worry about the future, we'll attract a top manager and move on.
And I won't miss his rag and dipper arse kissing.

With a bit of luck the next manager will at least give the impression that he gives a fuck about City.

Yes there is. There’s very few that reduce the risk on such a consistent basis though.

He always has to me, at least as much as I’ve needed him to. I’ll remember the football we played, particularly in the centurions season, until the day I die and feel privileged I was able to see it live.

What is the point of posting this?

It's evident not all tickets are available for sale.

The ticket exchange needs fucking right off immediately. At best it should only activate once a game sells out.

Why buy a season ticket if you don't intend going! Does my head in these pick and choosers when fans are on the waiting list for a S/T

Apart from the returned third tier blocks, the majority of tickets have already been sold on the plan and are people trying to re-sell.

Any pairs on the lower tier for resale went today, but singles remain, and third tier resales struggle in any number. Of people re-selling, if they do not sell somebody is still likely to attend in the majority of cases, but then again of those intending to go now there will be hundreds who can't make the game on the day like every single match and club in the country.

It will be chaos if everyone does turn up any time soon with parking and transport options worse than ever.

Good point about Buzzer.
Always have a couple of scoops in City Sq after the match and always bump into him as we walk past the main entrance. It will be mentioned to him Saturday, trust me on that.
Or you could just leave him alone because he’s an old man who has nothing to do with it?

in the presser this afternoon he will get questions on it, some probably will be a dig at City fans in the form of the question.

Pep will need to be extremely careful what he says on that.

what I can imagine someone like Simon Stone putting in a question like Chelsea had 1000 less than capacity, Liverpool had 2000 less, why City had almost 17K less.

now if Pep is in bad mood he will just reply:"you have to ask City fans about that" lol.

What is the point of posting this?

It's evident not all tickets are available for sale.

The ticket exchange needs fucking right off immediately. At best it should only activate once a game sells out.

Why buy a season ticket if you don't intend going! Does my head in these pick and choosers when fans are on the waiting list for a S/T
Waiting list fans can go for £30 but most won't.

They are also pick and choosers.

Pep's comments won't affect the attendance on Saturday, it was always going to be full.

What I would like is loud regular renditions of "We're not really here" and "Empty seats at home".

how about “pep your a cheeky fucker?”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.