Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I can tell you the Club conducted a workshop on Friday, wanting to learn the supporter 'journey'.

They are obviously aware of all the problems and the disconnect between the fans and the club in a few areas.

I told someone they just need to spend a week trying to buy a ticket, trying to contact supporter services, trying to find a car park space or trying to rely on woeful public transport.

The journey lasts a week for most.

Not having a pop at you Tolm.(post)

Why would the club need to host a workshop?

I f*cking hate those kind of things.

Read BM, the other fans forums, listen to the fans complaining on the phone lines, via email, on the TV, on the radio, in person, tells the club everything they already know.

It's just another talking shop and box ticking exercise.

Last edited:

Read BM, the other fans forums, listen to the fans complaining on the phone lines, via email, on the TV, on the radio in person, tells the club everything they already know.

A workshop means they are sitting down and thinking about it. That's all.

Considering what kind of fan base are attending CL games these days i would say most definitely.
From what i have seen in the south stand in the last ten seasons there is a different crowd of fans attend a lot of the CL games.
I think once we as a club evolve, attracting large crowds for CL games will be a given and there will be largely a different set of fans than for premier league games.
A lot of seasoncard holders don't go to CL games because they live outside Manchester

Reactions: ffs
Considering what kind of fan base are attending CL games these days i would say most definitely.
From what i have seen in the south stand in the last ten seasons there is a different crowd of fans attend a lot of the CL games.
I think once we as a club evolve, attracting large crowds for CL games will be a given and there will be largely a different set of fans than for premier league games.

the last champions league game was mainly locals and barely any tourists (based on accents I could hear, where people were heading from, was midweek/ covid restrictions from other countries). They key to that is keeping tickets affordable, which allows most Mancunians to attend. Fa cup games are a perfect example of that.

i like the fact most of our crowd is from greater Manchester and I hope we never lose that or become like United - most fans outside the area. Our local fans make the club what it is. Just need to keep prices affordable and we will always keep that.

Last edited:
the last champions league game was mainly locals and barely any tourists (based on accents I could hear, where people were heading from and it was midweek). They key to that is keeping tickets affordable, which allows most Mancunians to attend. Fa cup games are a perfect example of that.

i like the fact most of our crowd is from greater Manchester and I hope we never lose that or become like United - most fans outside the area. Our local fans make the club what it is. Just need to keep prices affordable and we will always keep that.
I agree with you there, but what’s affordable to some isn’t to others, before the takeover my season ticket in the SS level 1 was £480 now it’s in excess of £750 that’s before i even start. So using those prices as an example I think a lot of local fans will be priced out unless they rebuild the north stand with safe standing and reasonably priced tickets.

Read BM, the other fans forums, listen to the fans complaining on the phone lines, via email, on the TV, on the radio in person, tells the club everything they already know.

SS3 is definitely a different set for CL games and a lot of students the other night. I bet we don’t have more than 15000 in CL scheme.

A workshop means they are sitting down and thinking about it. That's all.
The club have sat down and none nothing for too long off the pitch, time to get off their arses and go back on the offensive as we did at the start of the takeover.

Look after your match going fans, they are this club whatever the Tapas King may say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.