#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So 3 of the losses were teams Pep played a nonsense rotated side because we'd already won the league.

1 was the first game of the season when we missed 3 of the back 4 and no one had a preseason.

And the other was the champions league final.

Your point would have been more convincing if you hadn't listed all the games so we knew the losses had nothing to do with Sterling.
same other players manage fine without him, the one constant is him. He could step and stick it in the top corner like 2017 and earn his wage and be a top player?

or we can keep picking him and keep fucking losing?

and does it a) not say a lot that he gets picked in the "nonsense" team and b) Pep pisses about playing "nonsense" teams, including tonight and the CL Final, and costing us big wins and trophies in the process we should have won?

You kill your own point by trying to defend the indefensible.

I think his confidence was completely gone after that miss against Lyon in CL.
I really feel sorry for him , he can't find his confidence or form for whatever reason.

Wank as usual. He just isn’t a striker so it’s as much Pep’s fault as Sterling’s.
The issue is he isn’t anything at the moment. He is now a serious problem because he doesn’t deserve to be on the pitch but we can’t just discard someone who earns what he does.

and does it a) not say a lot that he gets picked in the "nonsense" team and b) Pep pisses about playing "nonsense" teams, including tonight and the CL Final, and costing us big wins and trophies in the process we should have won?

You kill your own point by trying to defend the indefensible.

If you want to start the Pep out thread be my guest pal.

We both know you dont have the gall to do that though, you just slither around finding a way to woman about him every single day in completely irrelevant threads.

Since we moved towards false 9 and inverted wingers Sterling has looked completely lost.

Offers nothing cutting in from lw against a packed defense, up top he makes good runs but never looks like finishing and on the right he’d be very predictable and would block Walker’s overlap. Not a first teamer anymore for me unless he drastically changes his game, fed up of Pep giving him chances.

Pretty much sums up the situation Pep and Sterling find themselves in. Sterling is never going to fit in with these tactics, so what is the solution? For me, if Pep intends to keep playing like this, Sterling should be moved on as he’s being wasted.

I was a bit miffed with sterling but the thing that annoyed me was donnarumma spilling a dolly and sterling was not following in on the keeper, just had his head to the sky. With his pace he could have nipped in and maybe scored or won a pen, was a bit poor that.

His best ever form playing for City was when he played wide right. Its a bit sad that he hardly ever gets a game in that position anymore. He needs to be given the instruction to run at and beat his marker, he can only do that consistently from the right side imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.