Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read this thread to see what incorrect stuff has been written and said about City.

The past number of pages however is just people taking out their personal, political position on the BBC and Rashford.

Can we get the thread back on track.
Yeah, fair point. Tidied it up now but let's keep it on topic.

The slave trade was exactly that - a trade, and it was far more extensive than the taking of Africans to north America. Indeed slavery was evident in Biblical times and has been ever since, while the slave trade as we know it did not begin until 1564. Wars between African kingdoms and tribes provided a rich supply of prisoners to be traded with whoever wanted to trade. Slavery was not considered abnormal and was as normal as children having to work. Attitudes can and do change in the face of events and in the UK slavery was ruled by the courts to be unlawful on the UK mainland in the 1770s, the conditions of passage provoked a reaction and the transportation of slaves was banned in 1807 by us and slavery abolished in the British empire in the 1830s. Of course it continued and even thrived elsewhere. But the idea that the slave trade was ever a simple matter of whites pillaging Africa is nonsense: Africans had been trading slaves for many centuries before white Europeans arrived on the scene and continued long after the law put a stop to it. Indeed it continues to this day. So the answer to your question is "very probably".
Interesting story about influential 19thC player whose forebears were both slaves and slave traders.

Dan - smug self righteous twat - Walker just commenting on the record lottery jackpot tonight… ‘he he you could buy 184 Jack Grealish’s for that he he he’ Silly Sally giggles along… the BBC can’t help having a dig can they…. Utter cunts.

Dan - smug self righteous twat - Walker just commenting on the record lottery jackpot tonight… ‘he he you could buy 184 Jack Grealish’s for that he he he’ Silly Sally giggles along… the BBC can’t help having a dig can they…. Utter cunts.
The daft twat couldn't even get that right. He must think that Grealish only cost £1 million.

Absolutely no sympathy from me mate.. turn the channel off!!! :)

Absolutely no sympathy from me mate.. turn the channel off!!! :)
What's the alternative for news in the morning? Murdochs Sky News or Murdoch's Sky Sports News complete with yellow banners repeating any lies and anti City BS you might have missed?

Or the so-called 'Red Nev' on ITV?

He said 1.8 Jack Grealish's in the one that I saw

What's the alternative for news in the morning? Murdochs Sky News or Murdoch's Sky Sports News complete with yellow banners repeating any lies and anti City BS you might have missed?

Or the so-called 'Red Nev' on ITV?
Not much choice I agree.. maybe when it’s sports time go and make yourself a brew instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.