Burnley (H) | Post-Match Thread

Bernardo …… superb.

If only we could stop spunking away chance after chance that could easily have been 6 or 7.

3 points against a physical team with hopefully not injuries is a decent return.

Ake did absolutely nothing wrong yesterday, which for a 4th choice player playing out of position is pretty impressive don’t you think?

Ake was rock solid yesterday. He made a lot of passes and completed a very high percentage of them. Yes he played safe but he retained possession and allowed his more creative team mates the option of doing something creative.

He was a good counter balance to Cancelo, who played some very clever balls but also lost possession quite a lot.

Ake had a good game.

yeah agreed...its not perfect for any of them.....

Foden is probably the best finisher but it nullifies his other attributes there a little....
Ferran is a great finisher but he doesnt want to drop deep and wants to play a little more on the shoulder.
Grealish really struggled with it.....not for him
Sterling....movement is great, can drop deep but as has always been the case his finishing isnt what it needs to be
Mahrez....just no
Delap - unknown but he is a classic centre forward so I doubt it is something we would even try
KDB - even on top form he should be played deeper.....
Bernardo probalby a decent shout as much as foden is

But yeah none are great at it...

The thing is we look a better team at present with the false 9 so if we were to bring in more of a classic forward type (Haalland for instance of Kane which was clearly the plan) we lose a little bit of control so it will be interesting to see what we will do...Kane or Haaland whichever the preference will see a change in style.......A prime Messi, Aguero style of player (of whom there doesnt seem to be many around at present) would allow us to play with the false 9 system

As far as I am concerned, add Haaland to our squad, perhaps in place of Raz, and our competitors will shit the bed. I think it is the only way, currently, that we can take a major step forward. There's one or two other players that could be transformative but I simply don't see signing for us.

If we make the best financial offer, I am guessing that Haaland could be signed.

Sign him and Pep will do the rest.

boring and pathetic init

50 quid tickets for that.

i cringe on motd when I see the empty seats I know the media over blow it but why do we change so much for tickets in a huge stadium. Loads of my mates with kids been priced out of it
We have a better attendance to capacity ratio than Liverpool - they have more empty seats than us, but Anfield has more compact seating and you don't notice the empties so much. But our stadium was designed with comfort in mind - the downside being that five empty seats stand out a mile.

It's mental ,but some on here would rather have people pay full price and have empty seats
Games like this we should be discoun ting tickets to encourage fans of the future
Airelines, Hotels,Cruise Ships ,Supemarkets ext are not to proud to offer discounts to pull in the punters so we shouldn't be either
Saying that we had about 50.000 in the ground ,most clubs could only dream of the crowds we get
Well done Blues
There were a pile of kids chanting somewhere in the CB stand so some tickets must have been given away...

Grealish and Rodri take a bow, mahrez and Sterling not so much.

Had a great afternoon locked in a boozer showing both us and the rags games.

Good battling performance from City and managed to finish the game off before i could begin to get nervous. Once we scored the second the plastic rags got it with both barrels. I was having so much fun i didn't even know they'd let another goal in at the death. Wobbled home a very happy drunk.
I might need that pubs name, I can never get a reliable feed going when I don't use my ST. feel free to PM me ☺️

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.