Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
See above. You cannot have a booster until at least 182 days after your second jab.

What I don’t understand is why those that are eligible are being told to wait until contacted. There is a booking site for boosters but many elderly people will wait until their GP or whatever gets in touch.

Didn’t realise that cheers. So for that period we have no concerns about the vaccine waning?

See above. You cannot have a booster until at least 182 days after your second jab.

What I don’t understand is why those that are eligible are being told to wait until contacted. There is a booking site for boosters but many elderly people will wait until their GP or whatever gets in touch.
A woman on the radio this morning said its been over 6 months since her second dose but when she goes online it says she isn't eligible as its only for NHS workers and care workers at the minute.

My mum and dad had a text off the GP saying they will get boosters and flu jab at the same time and to sit tight till then (It wont be 6 months for then till November)

You can't be arsed reading the sources, so I can't be arsed explaining it to you.

People like you are quite amusing. I'm not scared of COVID. I'm double jabbed, young and healthy. I realise I'm not going to die from it, and there's a very low chance I'll get severely ill. What I am aware of though, is that there are plenty of people who are vulnerable and will die despite taking all the precautions they can. So I try not to be a selfish idiot and do minimal things like work from home (because I can) and wear a mask when in certain settings (like on a tram). I don't think that's asking a lot.

The reason people like you are funny is because of how short-sighted you are. You presumably want your freedoms (going to the matches, going to the pubs etc)? So are you so blind that you can't see the way things are going? The people running the NHS are literally pleading for help from the government now in October - what do you think is going to happen around Christmas? Do you think everything will magically get better?

Asking people to wear masks now will help the situation and will mean we can still do the things we enjoy doing. Going down the 'no-masks' route means there's a greater chance the NHS becomes overwhelmed and we need to impose more severe measures to stop the spread of COVID and the seasonal flu. So, either wear a mask and do your bit, or don't complain when restrictions return.
You have repeatedly been told by the government that it's time to live with covid. That means no invasive restrictions on people's lives or shut downs of the economy.

The NHS is overwhelmed every winter because it is shit. They simply have the gall to demand restrictions of people's lives now because of a nasty precedent set over the last 18 months.

The solution is to sort out the NHS.

ZOE APP REGIONAL NUMBERS

Current TOP NUMBERS:- ANOTHER DAY OF ALL CHANGE AT THE TOP AS SEVERAL REGIONS ARE CLOSE TOGETHER AND NUMBERS EVERYWHERE RISE UPWARDS

WALES BACK to TOP but UP big too ON 1358 / 1837 FROM 1279 / 1745

NORTH WEST rises into second but UP big too ON 1331 / 1685 FROM 1266 / 1611

EAST MIDLANDS is in third spot though UP by more than the NW - on 1269 / 1658 FROM 1243 / 1639 a bit behind the top two now.

NORTH EAST is in fourth but for the second day FALLS to 1136 / 1720 FROM 1157 / 1745
- well behind WALES & NORTHWEST now.

YORKSHIRE is fifth but UP big on 1168 / 1541 FROM 1098 / 1461

WEST MIDLANDS is sixth and UP on 1105 / 1476 FROM 1084 / 1452

All the southern regions follow and are in the highest watch zone now with the above:

South West
UP into eighth by the most in the UK again today ON 1115 / 1383 FROM 1009 / 1261

East England though FALLS the most in UK on 1026 / 1280 FROM 1114 / 1383

South East is UP on 1040 / 1229 FROM 998 / 1185

London is the lowest England region UP bn 930 / 1166 FROM 887 / 1118

THE MIDDLE WATCH ZONE NOW ONLY HAS THE OTHER OTHER TWO NATIONS.

SCOTLAND is no longer the best - UP only very slightly on 742 / 1062 FROM 741 / 1060

NORTHERN IRELAND FALLS into the best in UK position still in the middle zone but also UP slightly on 419 / 1459 FROM 412 / 1433

Boosters haven't been offered to me as a 52yo.

I wonder if he will promise that he will follow his own guidance on mask wearing in the House of Commons.

I expect not.
Nor to me as a 69 year old.

And as I keep posting on here my friend older than me on the very vulnerable list and EIGHT months past her second jab cannot get it either. After calling multiple times.

So frankly whoever was calling out older people on here in that earlier post needs to be more aware of the truth.

As I also posted yesterday the NHS site actually has a message up ASKING you not to try to book until NHS staff get them first. So apparently older people are wrong for obeying what the NHS tells them in a message they should have taken off if uptake is low as self evidenty that is not helping and older people are likely to not want to push ahead of the NHS who obviously should be first in line but probably were weeks ago when that message was written.

Last edited:
You have repeatedly been told by the government that it's time to live with covid. That means no invasive restrictions on people's lives or shut downs of the economy.

The NHS is overwhelmed every winter because it is shit. They simply have the gall to demand restrictions of people's lives now because of a nasty precedent set over the last 18 months.

If Covid starts to cause the collapse of the NHS, a lockdown is inevitable. That will mean a closure of the economy again and that is something that no one wants, especially the govt.

The problem with this govt is that they act too late. What everyone has been telling you - backed by evidence - is that simple, cheap and easy measures like masks in populated spaces make a difference. We are in autumn now and it's getting colder. more people will be mixing indoors and masks help.

If you see that as a genuine restriction on your day to day life, I don't know what to say other than it's been shown to protect other people. If you care about this country and the people who live here, you should do your patriotic duty and wear a mask. This govt will be telling you to do exactly that in about 2 months time anyway if this continues.

The NHS is not "shit". It needs funding.

The health of the economy and the health of it's people are tied together. The only way we can have a genuine long term recovery is by making sure people don't get ill in large numbers. It affects confidence - particularly of the old and ones with existing conditions. I know a few older people who won't go into pubs anymore and these small actions, when multiplied across the country, cause businesses to suffer.

We have to keep a lid on Covid, it's as simple as that.

We live in the world as it is not as it should be or we'd like it. The NHS is under funded but that isn't being fixed anytime soon. So we protect what we have, if that means some restrictions then do it now and minimise the restrictions. Or wait too long and need stronger restrictions. Thers your choices.

We live in the world as it is not as it should be or we'd like it. The NHS is under funded but that isn't being fixed anytime soon. So we protect what we have, if that means some restrictions then do it now and minimise the restrictions. Or wait too long and need stronger restrictions. Thers your choices.
I'm sure you were saying that in July when cases spiked before falling away.
To reach a level of hospitalisations seen in January you would likely need approximately 250k cases per day. This seems extraordinarily unlikely.

I'm sure you were saying that in July when cases spiked before falling away.
To reach a level of hospitalisations seen in January you would likely need approximately 250k cases per day. This seems extraordinarily unlikely.
We don't want to be anywhere near those levels because we need to be treating other things which we weren't last January. We need to be clearing an ever growing back log.We need to be prepared for flu which we didn't have last year because of lockdowns Not to mention bed blocking due to lack of care home staff. So using January levels isn't a good idea. What we want is to keep hospitals as free as possible for normal hospital treatments, like flu ,cancer even elective procedures.
Your idea of doing nothing will mean ever growing lists and missd treatments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.