All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

Once a hippie always a hippie I guess Rob , so the Grateful Dead it is.

I forgot they had sets that are regarded as prog rock these days.
My wife will probably be grateful when I am dead.

I will listen to this one on my own once again.

if Abba or should they make an album out of American Idol and it gets a guernsey I will hollow for her but I will make myself scarce and let her give the chooser a grade.

I guess you can tell we didn't meet in a nightclub.

I'm not the biggest Dead fan -- hippie jam rock is not really my thing -- but I saw them twice with my wife in the 80s and rainbow dancing bear and lightning skull stickers are on the back of every fucking Suburu in Marin County where I live. Phil Lesh just last week closed down his music club here (called Terrapin Crossroads, naturally -- some weird dispute with the county; it was doing fine I thought) where I've been several times. I have a ton of friends who are true Deadheads so in one context or another I've probably heard everything they've done, including bootlegs. I used to savage them the way I do Radiohead but over the years my stance on them mellowed out after, of all things, "Touch of Grey" which most Dead fans hate but I think is a fabulous pop song. And I always liked "Sugar Magnolia" too.

I have developed a fondness for the Dead in later life so I'll .be dancin' in the street if it is Terrapin Station.

Agree about "Touch of Grey", the album that's on is also in Larkin's 1,000; probably my favourite Dead studio album.

Dancing in the street? Fuck me. Assuming the guesses are correct then I’m getting my first listen in while I see out the last hour of a night shift. If it isn’t Terrapin Station then damn you all for making me listen to it.

Not what I expected of the Grateful Dead

Dancing in the street? Fuck me. Assuming the guesses are correct then I’m getting my first listen in while I see out the last hour of a night shift. If it isn’t Terrapin Station then damn you all for making me listen to it.

Not what I expected of the Grateful Dead
Nor me, decided to preview it last night on way home from work.
Good God it's dull.
Hope it isn't this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.