United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember my dad taking into the Romper near the Manchester Airport on a Thursday lunchtime in the mid 80's. Sat in the bar clearly pissed was Bruce, Blackmore and Robson. They had a game at the weekend.
Norman Whiteside used to prop up the bar at the Stamford in Bowdon. Roy Keane was a permanent fixture in the Orange Tree in Altrincham.

I think Rodgers would be stupid to take the job. With his Liverpool connections and the general mentality of utd fans he would not get a chance imo. They are seething and want instant gratification, they also seem to believe only the very best is good enough for them. Ten Haag is even a split decision with them currently so they won't have an ounce of patience for Rodgers to put his stamp on things.

Honestly i think most managers who would do a job for them won't get a look in because of their fanbase and those who would, would be on borrowed time from the get-go. An ex Liverpool manager? he would be lucky to be afforded a 10th of the good will and grace should they not immediately be battering everyone 7-0.

They are their own worst enemies in many ways, and i like that.

Last edited:
I think Rodgers would be stupid to take the job. With his Liverpool connections and the general mentality of utd fans he would not get a chance imo. They are seething and want instant gratification, they also seem to believe only the very best is good enough for them. Ten Haag is even a split decision with them currently so they won't have an ounce of patience for Rodgers to put his stamp on things.

Honestly i think most managers who would do a job for them won't get a look in because of their fanbase and those who would would be on borrowed time from the get-go. An ex Liverpool manager? he would be lucky to be afforded a 10th of the good will and grace time should they not immediately be battering everyone 7-0.

fallen on their own sword

Their upcoming fixtures

Villareal A
Chelsea A
Arsenal H
Palace H
Young Boys H
Norwich A
Brentford A
Brighton H
Newcastle A
Burnley H

December is relatively gentle to them. Carrick could get off to a flyer, and get the gig full time. We can but hope.

Honestly i think most managers who would do a job for them won't get a look in because of their fanbase and those who would would be on borrowed time from the get-go. An ex Liverpool manager? he would be lucky to be afforded a 10th of the good will and grace time should they not immediately be battering everyone 7-0.

Southgate it is then

Their upcoming fixtures

Villareal A
Chelsea A
Arsenal H
Palace H
Young Boys H
Norwich A
Brentford A
Brighton H
Newcastle A
Burnley H

December is relatively gentle to them. Carrick could get off to a flyer, and get the gig full time. We can but hope.

Looking at those fixtures it be Norwich before they could get a win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.