Running thread

Not posted for a while as since the Marathon the running has fallen of a cliff. Had a few struggles with my achilles but with the help of a visit to the physio and exercise programme starting to up the distance once again. The injury was not severe just a constant dull ache, while running, which took the enjoyment away.

Got the Wimborne 10 miler on sunday, last race of the year, and then going to put in the hard yards in preparation for next year.

On the plus side picked up the Garmin 6 fenix, just need to work out how to use it now.

Not posted for a while as since the Marathon the running has fallen of a cliff. Had a few struggles with my achilles but with the help of a visit to the physio and exercise programme starting to up the distance once again. The injury was not severe just a constant dull ache, while running, which took the enjoyment away.

Got the Wimborne 10 miler on sunday, last race of the year, and then going to put in the hard yards in preparation for next year.

On the plus side picked up the Garmin 6 fenix, just need to work out how to use it now.

live had fenix 6 for a year and still googling how to work it haha

Got same watch, gave up trying to sort the music out…

Got same watch, gave up trying to sort the music out…

Yes the tech is far too advanced for my simple mind and lack of concentration. Set an alarm for when my HR passes 140, it goes off all the time, so next task is to learn about turning it off.

Amazing experience, broke my PB by 2 mins. Started in 2nd wave. I stayed at back so not carried away by crowd then picked people off. Over £600 raised for Parkinson's. Time for a beer and City win. Thanks to everyone who has helped my journey from day 1 of couch to 5k to my first race

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-21-10-30-58-35_d9aa206de00b4b7c29deeb8e9ccbd9e7.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-11-21-10-30-58-35_d9aa206de00b4b7c29deeb8e9ccbd9e7.jpg
    561.1 KB · Views: 10
Amazing experience, broke my PB by 2 mins. Started in 2nd wave. I stayed at back so not carried away by crowd then picked people off. Over £600 raised for Parkinson's. Time for a beer and City win. Thanks to everyone who has helped my journey from day 1 of couch to 5k to my first race
Superb mate, congrats on your PB and also an amazing job done on the fundraising!! Enjoy the well earned beers, hopefully the sad news about ole wont take too much of a shine off your day

Last edited:
Run 21 for the Big MS Run Off was the Deepdale Dash 10k at Barton and ran in a time of 48:49 . Total ran now stands at 98.76 miles.

Last booked in event of the year today. Wimborne 10 miler, ran through lovely countryside and with a blue sky and bright sunshine as a back drop. Chocolate cake and tea at the finish. Absolutely great run and finished just over 1hr 7 mins. Happy days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.