Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boosters. Fantastic data emerging on efficacy. Go get your booster ASAP.

Mine now booked on Saturday.

And if you've got them, get your kids vaxxed too.

Can book my booster tomorrow..can't see them fitting me in on boxing day :) excellent stats though..

Weekly surveillance report:
Bottom line: Cases falling in over 50s, cases rising in under 49s and rocketting in youths
I expect deaths, ICU admissions and hospitalisations to fall and cases to rocket in the coming weeks. There are still 15 million or so under 40s who can catch it.
Anyone who isnt vaccinated is an idiot.

Last edited:
Can book my booster tomorrow..can't see them fitting me in on boxing day :) excellent stats though..

Vaccine in the morning, turkey leftovers for lunch, finish off the Bailey's your wife didn't get though on Christmas night to take edge off the hangover, then Leicester match in the afternoon. Perfect.

The government in the Czech Republic have declared a state of emergency for 30 days due to a rise in coronavirus cases.

It isn't immediately clear what restrictions will be put in place, but the government has been considering a ban on mass public gatherings and limiting opening hours for restaurants and bars.

Restrictions come in from midnight:

Christmas markets to close (except for the sale of Christmas trees and carp). The biggest one is at the bottom of my street on Old Town Square and was due to open on Saturday. I'm sure they'll be delighted after all their efforts in setting up the stalls these last few days that they won't even get to open for one day!

Pubs and restaurants to close at 10pm.

Alcohol cannot be consumed outdoors and can only be sold as a take away. The same with food in food courts.

Sporting and cultural events limited to 1000 people. Other events limited to 100.

Pretty much the way it started last year before tighter measure were introduced a week later.

You can see in the data that the current upturn is being driven by school children once again.
Yes, I posted the Northern Ireland bar chart that shows it VERY clearly. There are more children aged 0 to 4 years old catching Covid than those in the more vulnerable categories such as over 70. A very surprising stat I am amazed the media have not picked up on. Because it is why patients and deaths have become almost detached from case numbers and those can rise without dramatic consequences in health care.

For the past week or so in NI the weekly cases have been around 11/12,000 and the numbers under 15 are going upwards whilst the numbers in the older age ranges are falling as we accelerate the booster programme.

Care home outbreaks there have also plunged from around 150 to around 30. They would normally be going up as winter sets in. I expect similar things are happening in other parts of the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.