United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rangnick built the Red Bull football Group from scratch. Leipzig is the flagship but Salzburg is not far behind. Concept has similarities with CFG, and they developed many good players such as Haaland, Mane, as well as Julian Nagelsmann as coach. Before that he built Hoffenheim into a Bundesliga Club (Nagelsmann started there).
The guy is good.
He is also a very strongminded guy. I foresee conflicts with the various powers of United.

He is also the most googled man in the world this afternoon - heard Mitten on 5Live earlier reeling off his credentials like he had written the guys biography - came across like he was reading his Wiki page

Anyone saying Hoffenhiem was good under him needs their head checking. No, they weren't they just got promoted and that was it, they couldn't challenge in a bigger league, he left them and 5 to 6 years later they then managed a 4th and 3rd place finish, which was nothing to do with Rangnick and all to do with Julian Nagelsmann who is now funnily enough with Bayern as he's a quality coach and manager. So all Rangnick is good at is taking teams from lower leagues and promoting them. He never makes them into title contenders or even play decent football

Anyone saying Hoffenhiem was good under him needs their head checking. No, they weren't they just got promoted and that was it, they couldn't challenge in a bigger league, he left them and 5 to 6 years later they then managed a 4th and 3rd place finish, which was nothing to do with Rangnick and all to do with Julian Nagelsmann who is now funnily enough with Bayern as he's a quality coach and manager. So all Rangnick is good at is taking teams from lower leagues and promoting them. He never makes them into title contenders or even play decent football

So the German version of Colin Wanker ?

Never heard of him
To save you any trouble finding out.. apparently he is a football god, a genius, the most innovative forward thinking astute coach that has ever walked the planet. He makes pep look like a shit Mike Bassett. The elite coaches worship him and hang off his every word. He will carry the rags into football paradise and a new era of complete domination

just try and ignore the fact that when he started his first managerial job we had John Bond and since then he’s neither managed a big club or won anything of note.. oh and now he’s in Russia doing an office job

Anyone who is saying all the German coaches have based their style off him (Klopp, Nagelsmann etc) are just reading his wiki page (it literally says that) and probably have 0 idea of watching any team he has coached before.
They tried Tiki Taka with Van Gaal now it's Geggenpress (or whatever) with this guy. I am intrigued to see how he and his style flares in the PL and in this Rag squad.
There are lot of competent coaches out there and I am not too worried about who they hire. The media is smartly masking the fact that Ronaldo is a short term signing which needed to pay off in terms of trophies in one of these 2 years and it isn't yet.
That said they definitely have someone lined up for the summer, since it's being actively defined as a 6 month job with a consulting role later.

Could be a good appointment and just what they need. Get rid of the stuck in the 90s united way DNA bollocks.

This is the reason why I think it’s a good appointment for them. Makes me think that they’re finally realising the United way is a myth. He’s going to have a very hard time asking Ronaldo and Pogba to press though, could be great, could be messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.