Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

I've posted over the years about my disdain for our UK sports media in similar vein to other Blues in this thread and my incredulity at its barefaced attempts to hawk anything from misleading opinions to downright barefaced lies about our club.

But today's a new one for me. Let me explain.

Coming away from the ground last night to Piccadilly, our group (consisting of Old Gits like me to younger school/university kids) talked about what we'd just witnessed.

We came to a general conclusion that, whatever our ages, City's performance was probably the best any of us had ever seen (and for me that's since 1959!).

This conclusion was based on how the team played from minute one; how it dealt with the challenges PSG posed, one of the most technically gifted sides on the planet; how the team (and most notably Walker, Rodri and Bernardo) coped with the abilities of PSG's 'Three Kings', each of whom could kill any team given a moment's space, no matter how well or badly their team is playing; how City responded (on and off the pitch) to going a goal behind (as my sister put it, 'They were like a band of brothers.. unlike PSG, as good as they are'); and especially how the crowd responded throughout the game to what the team was doing on the pitch - with so many staying behind to applaud the lads off the pitch when Kyle Walker led the team to all four corners of the ground.

There has been the odd article today which has praised City's performance, let's be fair. And these have made good reading, especially after MOTD2's similar analysis of City's qualities last Sunday.

But the majority of pundits and articles have followed the click-bait route and 'analysed' last night's events through the twin lenses of 'Why Poch should go to OT' and 'Weren't PSG useless?', ignoring the breathtaking intensity, skill and thought City showed in winning the game last night.

These people could have had, for once, a free hit against the usual anti-City garbage they produce. A chance to write/say something that would enable them, in the future, to counter our criticisms of them and point out 'Ah but look at what we said about City here..'

But they turned the chance down. They're even more gormless than I thought.
Great Post fella

Agreed.

I've posted over the years about my disdain for our UK sports media in similar vein to other Blues in this thread and my incredulity at its barefaced attempts to hawk anything from misleading opinions to downright barefaced lies about our club.

But today's a new one for me. Let me explain.

Coming away from the ground last night to Piccadilly, our group (consisting of Old Gits like me to younger school/university kids) talked about what we'd just witnessed.

We came to a general conclusion that, whatever our ages, City's performance was probably the best any of us had ever seen (and for me that's since 1959!).

This conclusion was based on how the team played from minute one; how it dealt with the challenges PSG posed, one of the most technically gifted sides on the planet; how the team (and most notably Walker, Rodri and Bernardo) coped with the abilities of PSG's 'Three Kings', each of whom could kill any team given a moment's space, no matter how well or badly their team is playing; how City responded (on and off the pitch) to going a goal behind (as my sister put it, 'They were like a band of brothers.. unlike PSG, as good as they are'); and especially how the crowd responded throughout the game to what the team was doing on the pitch - with so many staying behind to applaud the lads off the pitch when Kyle Walker led the team to all four corners of the ground.

There has been the odd article today which has praised City's performance, let's be fair. And these have made good reading, especially after MOTD2's similar analysis of City's qualities last Sunday.

But the majority of pundits and articles have followed the click-bait route and 'analysed' last night's events through the twin lenses of 'Why Poch should go to OT' and 'Weren't PSG useless?', ignoring the breathtaking intensity, skill and thought City showed in winning the game last night.

These people could have had, for once, a free hit against the usual anti-City garbage they produce. A chance to write/say something that would enable them, in the future, to counter our criticisms of them and point out 'Ah but look at what we said about City here..'

But they turned the chance down. They're even more gormless than I thought.
Nailed it. They lived down to their reputation

Brazil was brilliant this morning on talksport. Spoke about last night’s game for 5 minutes all about how bad psg were and how lazy their front 3 were. Then played a clip of Jason cundy front last night angrily talking about how bad psg were. They then changed the subject to ronaldo and how good he is! And then spoke about where they’re having their Christmas doo!
“Expert analysis”

F9D95C6D-38DF-4800-9ACB-8BFC1CF1F940.jpeg825791C7-6CF1-40E6-809A-0DA93D3DBA77.jpeg0EF4D742-508C-4AB2-BCF7-8F7D56E469BD.jpeg

But but but... Citeh never come from behind
ron-jeremy.gif

Think you need to chill mate - media very positive about last night as far as I can see
MYOB. I know what I heard - or didn't hear on a specific BBC News Bulletin

Brazil was brilliant this morning on talksport. Spoke about last night’s game for 5 minutes all about how bad psg were and how lazy their front 3 were. Then played a clip of Jason cundy front last night angrily talking about how bad psg were. They then changed the subject to ronaldo and how good he is! And then spoke about where they’re having their Christmas doo!
Whilst also saying “what’s this world coming to, it’s getting ridiculous” whilst referring to the trouble he has to go to now recycling plastic and taking his own carrier bags to Tesco! I don’t usually listen anymore but quite like Mccoist. It was interesting lol. Car crash radio that had to be listened to especially when gough joined them. How Brazil is still there I’ll never know

Whilst also saying “what’s this world coming to, it’s getting ridiculous” whilst referring to the trouble he has to go to now recycling plastic and taking his own carrier bags to Tesco! I don’t usually listen anymore but quite like Mccoist. It was interesting lol. Car crash radio that had to be listened to especially when gough joined them. How Brazil is still there I’ll never know
been there 20 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.