#5 | John Stones - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was surprised he didn't play today. That would have been 5 English players. We used to get knocked for having too many foreigners - funny that the number of home grown is suddenly absent from media discussions

This thread would be full of takes if Laporte had performed as he did today.
Stones was never much a fan favorite and was never considered Laporte's level until last year. Now his bandwagoners are whining everytime they see Laporte make a mistake. I prefer Laporte myself in our CB's but I don't jump on each mistake from his rivals in position. From what I can see we have 3 top rated CB's that we should be extremely thankful for. I also want to see more Laporte and Stones pairing.

He needs consistency,he has never responded well to being taken in and out of the team.

He and Dias are potentially the best in Europe,we need to capitalise on that.

Think Stones is one of 'softies' Pep was alluding to prior to Watford. Has niggles or feels unwell a bit too often since the start of the season.

Hope he finds consistency and is available for selection, for his season has been start-stop so far.

You're fucking clueless. Post is nearly as shite as that stupid Red heart that hurts my eyes everytime I see it.
Hes better than a top player, he's one of the best CBs in the world.

You don’t know anything about football mate. You’re welcome to your opinion but that’s an absolutely shit one. Any club in the premier league would start John Stones. He’s one of the best in Europe now.
you’ve got to be joking. He’s already proven he’s a top player

go to specsavers

Too many mistakes to be considered a top poster.
Well, didn't take too long for Stones AKA "one of the best defenders in Europe" to put in one of his "world class" performance......once again!

Shame Laporte doesn't enjoy the same privilege but then again Sterling's also an English man and he doesn't enjoy that privilege also.

Last edited:
Presume you’re trying to make a point here?
My opinion of Stones hasn’t changed and my opinion of you definitely hasn’t.

I actually think that, other than last night, when he's come in for odd games this season he's done well, and not looked too much like the lack of minutes has affected him.

He played pretty shit last night, though. It was a shoddy performance by most of the team and it was a nothing match, so I'm not going to get too worked up about it on behalf of any player. But I had been hoping some of those who haven't played much would use it as an opportunity to stake their claims on a starting position, and they really didn't.

John needs to play better than that when he gets his chances, if he wants to play more. I think his partnership with Ruben is potentially really special, but they have to individually earn their right to play.

Well, didn't take too long for Stones AKA "one of the best defenders in Europe" to put in one of his "world class" performance......once again!

Shame Laporte doesn't enjoy the same privilege but then again Sterling's also an English man and he doesn't enjoy that privilege also.
Did stones get with your bird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.