#5 | John Stones - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep waited for the right time(s) to reintroduce him.
He's seen what happens to players suffering from burnout after Euros and hence why he's been careful in how our English lads have been used. That said, it makes Walker look even more unbelievable, because his fitness levels are ridiculous. *touch wood*

He's seen what happens to players suffering from burnout after Euros and hence why he's been careful in how our English lads have been used. That said, it makes Walker look even more unbelievable, because his fitness levels are ridiculous. *touch wood*

Kyle is a machine.

Pep tries to take care of all the players; in particular though he didn't throw Stones in against one of the real contenders.

Could not agree more. I think Laporte on his own, is a slightly better player than stones. But his and Dias partnership is something else. Stone and Dias must be our first choice pairing .

On a side note made myself look a dick celebrating at the supporters club when he hit it wide. Thought it had gone in.
I disagree. I think Stones is better. And the margin isn't slight.

I'm a fan of Laporte. I don't think there's much between him and Stones in terms of ability...

BUT Stones is a TEAM guy while Laporte is a ME guy.

He was always class but he seems to be where he needs to be mentally now. Absolutely no fucking about around when he’s out there, gets the job done and does whatever it takes to make sure we get a clean sheet.

Top 3 defenders in the world on the ball too. I only say top 3 because I’d be laughed out of town for saying the best. He’s so comfortable, knows when to nail it and the way he brings it out of defence is priceless at times too.

Was it just me or did it seem like he was more involved in dealing with aerial balls more than usual? He did well either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.