Americana / alt.country thread

Surprised nobody has mentioned Lucero yet..

Yeah, they're not bad. I've got one of their albums (Among The Ghosts).

Interesting that frontman Ben Nichols is the brother of film director Jeff Nichols (Mud, Midnight Special and Take Shelter).

The song "Back to the Night" features a spoken word part by actor Michael Shannon and is well worth a listen.

Just been going back to listening to an old fave of mine the late Neal Casal
as there’s a new tribute album including such luminaries as Steve Earle and J Mascis just been released.
He was also the guitarist in Ryan Adams band “the Cardinals’

The song ‘St Peters Autograph’ on Jason Isbells ‘Reunions ‘ album is about him

First came across her back in 89. Was in Reckless Records in Islington on my lunch break and her eponymous ‘debut’ was their record of the week. Loved it and bought it on the spot. The follow up ‘Sweet Old World’ escaped me completely in those pre-internet days, and it was 9 years before ‘Car Wheels’ came out to huge acclaim. Seen her play in Shepherds Bush a couple of times about 15-20 years ago. Quality.
The increasingly slurred vocals have put me off her most recent efforts a bit though. Hugely influential

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.