Americana / alt.country thread

First came across her back in 89. Was in Reckless Records in Islington on my lunch break and her eponymous ‘debut’ was their record of the week. Loved it and bought it on the spot. The follow up ‘Sweet Old World’ escaped me completely in those pre-internet days, and it was 9 years before ‘Car Wheels’ came out to huge acclaim. Seen her play in Shepherds Bush a couple of times about 15-20 years ago. Quality.
The increasingly slurred vocals have put me off her most recent efforts a bit though. Hugely influential
Saw her at The Concert Hall in Glasgow.
One of the best I have been to.
Essence tour I think.

There is a new Ryan Adams solo Christmas show recorded today I think on Instagram.
No idea how you link it.

Heard this one a few months ago, and it's a bit of an earworm from a relatively unknown Aussie singer/songwriter. But it's a great song. Highly recommend a listen.

Isn't Ryan Adams a massive sex pest/pedo though??

He’s been a dickhead to some exes for sure.

As for being a ‘pedo’, someone accused him of sending texts to an underage fan, the FBI investigated it and didn’t find anything, as far as I know.

Cancel culture strikes again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.