Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

If the club had stayed in the Super League, there would have been 10,000's of empty seats and unsold season tickets, including mine.

The fact that Mansour, Khaldoon, and Soriano bottled it, and decided City would join the Super League, for fearing of missing out on the money it would have generated for Mansour, tells us everything about the people who own and run the club.

moaning about the prices? Do you think £50 against wolves - 12:00 kick off is ok?

the thread is about atmosphere and at those prices your pricing out lots of the people who can help create it. You must earn quite a bit to be happy with those match day prices.

By the way lots of those empty seats are corporate seats/ rows given to ticketing agencies (completely unavailable to the ordinary fan)..if they were on sale at a reasonable prices they’d be full - like the example your talking about in ss3…..
Like I said 52 000 tickets sold, thousands not turning up, granted the club should be selling resale tickets cheaper,but the tickets have been sold!, empty seats everywhere never mind corporate.

What I would do to see an Atmosphere like this at the Eithad again

You mean like PSG?

Any tw@t on social media can cut and paste a video to show a good atmosphere, especially if the team they support is winning. Do you think the atmosphere and noise at Molineux is like that for every home game?

As for the City clip. Match, after match, of no goals, eventually makes City fans try and spur the team on to score at least 1 goal.

im not saying either are likely to happen. But if they did the club would listen. Plus you don’t know that for a fact. If the club joined the super league it could have happened. Scrapping the super league shows what pressure the fans can create as well.

don’t understand why your so accepting/ defeatist when it comes to this. We got cheaper away tickets and safe standing recently. Two things only a few years ago that seemed impossible.

getting cheaper match day tickets, for example, is not impossible. Putting pressure on the government to force the league again not impossible

all of these things, such as pricing , standing can make a huge difference to the atmosphere
The only part I disagree with you on is about the club listening to supporters.

Manchester City FC is no more. It's now the City Football Group of which Manchester City (not FC) is a part. They don't care about tradition or local history - they are only interested in increasing revenue. That's why they were on board with the Super League and why they won't be looking to reduce prices.
They will only change what they are forced or allowed to do by the PL or Government (i.e. cheap away tickets and safe standing). Indeed, safe standing will increase revenue... as far as I'm aware, there are no plans to reduce prices for standing areas, just the same as seat pricing.
I've said for years that the club pays no more than lip-service to fans. Removing long standing (long seated) fans from Level 2 seats to accommodate hospitality was a slap in the face for fans. It summed up the owner's attitude to fans, and it stinks.

They don't listen to fans if it costs them money.

Early Saturdays are always a bit slow, but fuck me I'm ready for the second half of the season when we get some bigger home games.

Up at 7am to catch the 8.20 train from Euston, then back home after the game arriving at 5.45 - £66. Northern Line Tube return - £12. Return transport to Etihad from Piccadilly - £10. Breakfast (shite sandwich) on train - £8. Drink and food at City Square - £16. Half time drinks - £8. Ticket to game - £50. Total cost to watch some turgid crap in a morgue - £170.

And I will be back for Leeds on Tuesday, driving up and down from London, half a day off work, etc....

I love our club. Always have and always will. Home and away (despite being in London for decades). BUT...it's time to listen to fans. We have one of the lowest social economic demographics for the Premier League, and whilst I can just about get away with throwing £200 at a game (obviously many London away games are cheaper), a great number of our fans can't - wether they coming from out of town or in Manchester.

It's time the club recognised this and did something about prices, not just ticket costs - the whole fan 'experience' as the wanky Marketing department probably calls it. But as we all know - if you are not taking a table for four in the Tunnel Club Premier - you simply don't matter. And then, when some fans vote with their feet and stay at home, you get the gaffer to shout at us.

It was embarrassing today. And I don't blame my fellow Blues, but do point the finger at City Football MegaCorp PLC (or whatever the fuck) and maybe after today, they should spend a bit of time reflecting on 'why'...rather than heading off to Mongolia to buy Sporting Ulaanbaatar....

You mean like PSG?

Any tw@t on social media can cut and paste a video to show a good atmosphere, especially if the team they support is winning. Do you think the atmosphere and noise at Molineux is like that for every home game?

As for the City clip. Match, after match, of no goals, eventually makes City fans try and spur the team on to score at least 1 goal.
PSG wasn't good imo it was just alright only great atmosphere I've heard at the eithad in like 5 years was the Liverpool one in 18/19 maybe the Spurs one in the CL that season as well. Wolves Clip my bad didn't mean to add that as well was in the link I haven't seen the video

Up at 7am to catch the 8.20 train from Euston, then back home after the game arriving at 5.45 - £66. Northern Line Tube return - £12. Return transport to Etihad from Piccadilly - £10. Breakfast (shite sandwich) on train - £8. Drink and food at City Square - £16. Half time drinks - £8. Ticket to game - £50. Total cost to watch some turgid crap in a morgue - £170.

And I will be back for Leeds on Tuesday, driving up and down from London, half a day off work, etc....

I love our club. Always have and always will. Home and away (despite being in London for decades). BUT...it's time to listen to fans. We have one of the lowest social economic demographics for the Premier League, and whilst I can just about get away with throwing £200 at a game (obviously many London away games are cheaper), a great number of our fans can't - wether they coming from out of town or in Manchester.

It's time the club recognised this and did something about prices, not just ticket costs - the whole fan 'experience' as the wanky Marketing department probably calls it. But as we all know - if you are not taking a table for four in the Tunnel Club Premier - you simply don't matter. And then, when some fans vote with their feet and stay at home, you get the gaffer to shout at us.

It was embarrassing today. And I don't blame my fellow Blues, but do point the finger at City Football MegaCorp PLC (or whatever the fuck) and maybe after today, they should spend a bit of time reflecting on 'why'...rather than heading off to Mongolia to buy Sporting Ulaanbaatar....
Fair play to you mate, but you have to feel sorry for some of our manchester supporters who have to wait 30 minutes for a tram, or 30 minutes in a car park, once a fortnight.

Manchester City FC is no more. It's now the City Football Group of which Manchester City (not FC) is a part. They don't care about tradition or local history - they are only interested in increasing revenue. That's why they were on board with the Super League and why they won't be looking to reduce prices.
They will only change what they are forced or allowed to do by the PL or Government (i.e. cheap away tickets and safe standing). Indeed, safe standing will increase revenue... as far as I'm aware, there are no plans to reduce prices for standing areas, just the same as seat pricing.
I've said for years that the club pays no more than lip-service to fans. Removing long standing (long seated) fans from Level 2 seats to accommodate hospitality was a slap in the face for fans. It summed up the owner's attitude to fans, and it stinks.

They don't listen to fans if it costs them money.

That’s what too many fans don’t understand - the owner buying the club wasn’t an act of philanthropy, it was an opportunity to attain a platform to project Abu Dhabi onto the world and secure a load of dubious land deals in the process. Chaotic characters like Garry Cook and Mancini, and players like Hart, Zabaleta and Kompany perpetuated the ‘City’ identity for the first few years after the takeover, but since Soriano arrived with his transcendent vision for the CFG, the club has gradually become a contemporary version everything we used to ridicule United for.

The ‘legacy’ fanbase is the only authentic element of the club left, and as you point out, those currently running the it aren’t really arsed about us - people are deluded if they think otherwise. An introduction of the 50+1 here would be ideal, but would require financial intervention from the Government.

Our fans can’t be blamed for the general lack of atmosphere either; most home games for the past 5 years have been a team assembled for 4x the cost of the opposition, having circa 70% possession and inevitably winning comfortably - you’d be a weirdo to be passionate about it. It’s generally not competitive, and has an exhibition vibe about it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.