Policing in America

You entirely miss my point. Which is that best is the enemy of good. Best is unattainable currently - but it is obtainable through incremental improvement. Instead, you actively thwart that outcome - by attacking better and claiming it's the same as worst.

And I've asked you, in light of the quote you've decided to attach to, whether THAT, with the suffering and arrest of those kids put into handcuffs and jailed, is the best place to hold your rather silly out of context discussion.

But, you seem to think it's fine to do so.

So, based upon that, I'll have to assume you think this White female judge did the right thing.

You are talking at cross purposes. As for my posts - I'm replying directly to this remark of yours:

"For people that think things are 'better' with a change of presidency, for Black people:"

Not talking at cross purposes when you don't highlight the section you want to talk about. That's on you, not me, so I have to assume.

Your point, however, is circular. Tell me what's improved for Black people, in particular, besides the obvious.

Generational wealth?

Red-lining?

Voting restrictions?

Policing?

Neighbourhood investment?

Schooling?

I'll let you tell me where US Black citizens are all 'caught up' with being equal Human Beings that shouldn't need depending on 'incrementalism'.

It's this casual shit spouted by 'Well Meaning Liberals' that bothers me.

Policing in America - totally effed-up - but improving.

If you can view the series "Philly DA" - it's highly inspirational - highly recommended.

Whilst you have people like Trump, and there are lots of them in power, backing the police to the hilt then nothing will change. They appear to be trigger happy. Maybe they are not ‘all the same‘ but it just appears that they are. I watched ’137 shots’on Netflix last night and that was truly shocking, especially the shooting of the you lad. All the officers involved, and there were lots of them, pleaded the 5th!! Christ these are people are supposed to ‘protect and serve’ but wouldn’t be called as witnesses to the event.

It is truly amazing that the officer was found guilty of manslaughter after confusing her gun for the tazer.

137 shots is about a couple who were shot dead after 62 police cars in Cleveland gave chase to a car that backfired and promptly fired 137 shots into the car after it was stopped. Needless to say neither people in the car were armed.

The young lad who was killed later was waiving an air pistol around and two police officers rocked up in their car and almost before the car had stopped had shot the lad. Literally it could only have been 2 seconds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.