Coronavirus (2022) thread

Health Secretary Sajid Javid has been directly challenged by an unvaccinated hospital consultant over the government's policy of compulsory COVID jabs for NHS staff.

During a visit to King's College Hospital in south London, Mr Javid asked staff members on the intensive care unit about their thoughts on new rules requiring vaccination for NHS workers.

And Steve James, a consultant anaesthetist who has been treating coronavirus patients since the start of the pandemic, told the health secretary about his displeasure.

"I'm not happy about that," he said. "I had COVID at some point, I've got antibodies, and I've been working on COVID ICU since the beginning.

"I have not had a vaccination, I do not want to have a vaccination. The vaccines are reducing transmission only for about eight weeks for Delta, with Omicron it's probably less.
And for that, I would be dismissed if I don't have a vaccine? The science isn't strong enough."

Mr James also revealed another of his colleagues held the same position.
Why doesn't he want to have a vaccine?

there's already 9 booster slots on GP systems so are you so sure?

It's always "hopefully one last hurdle", well we hurdling it without most people needing any help. There's a tiny minority who do and we have the resources to help them if we apply effective policy.

unvaccinated people are a different story and everyone knows that is the real issue. Not normal people being jabbed to buggery.

Problem is too many doctors and nurses are sat on their arses because of arbitrary policy that just ends up killing people.
Unvaccinated people are the real issue you’re right but getting efficacy up 40% on those who are complete idiots will make a huge difference.

I’m glad if there’s 9 booster slots, it shows they’re planning for worst case scenario, which will likely never happen.

Unvaccinated people are the real issue you’re right but getting efficacy up 40% on those who are complete idiots will make a huge difference.

I’m glad if there’s 9 booster slots, it shows they’re planning for worst case scenario, which will likely never happen.
it won't, because it already provably hasn't.

there's already 9 booster slots on GP systems so are you so sure?

It's always "hopefully one last hurdle", well we hurdling it without most people needing any help. There's a tiny minority who do and we have the resources to help them if we apply effective policy.

unvaccinated people are a different story and everyone knows that is the real issue. Not normal people being jabbed to buggery.

Problem is too many doctors and nurses are sat on their arses because of arbitrary policy that just ends up killing people.

Where’s that 9 booster slot figure from?

Well thought out argument from you against a bloke who’s probably been doing a great job on the front line for the last 2 years. Obviously this doctor is a nut job for having an opinion different to the masses and daring to articulately question something he’s got vast experience of.

Clearly the bloke is a **** though who needs sacking immediately. Less doctors is just what we need at the moment.
He's more likely to catch it then spread it to colleagues. And fewer doctors is just what we don't need. How many were infected by him with Covid when he probably wouldn't have had it if vaccinated?

Last edited:
this guy is fully qualified, he is far more knowledgeable than you and is treating covid patients and saving lives - he is not some crack pot loon that is normally associated with the anti vax mob.
And what do you think of some people in government?

There’s people right across society who have become qualified in an impressive profession but are total fruitloops and/or wankers.

You underestimate and overestimate people.

I wish Javid asked him that.

but I guess his reply is he has antibodies so he doesn’t see the point in having the vaccination
Well yes, he got the antibodies by catching Covid and then was infecting other people because he was asymptomatic, until he tested positive. He could have Covid again now and be doing the same.

Last edited:
He's more likely to catch it then spread it to colleagues. And fewer doctors is just what we don't need. How many were infected by him with Covid when he probably wouldn't have had it if vaccinated?
Yeah, glad the vaccine has stopped the spread so well. Also pretty sure he would masked up etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.