Coronavirus (2022) thread

we all had to isolate for 10 days in August when my youngest caught it. wasnt too bad all of us together. This time its just me. wife has confined me to the bedroom. she has moved to spare room. Room service isnt bad to be honest as im not the most patient of people. Bit bored but things could be much worse.
I’m in the same boat. Did a negative LFT today though so fingers crossed another one tomorrow and I can stop isolating.

I’m in the same boat. Did a negative LFT today though so fingers crossed another one tomorrow and I can stop isolating.
Good news, my sixth day is Monday so hopefully I will be negative then and then Tuesday and then free. In the mean time its just reading eating, all room service of course, I only have to threaten to go down stairs and a daughter will snap into action. Plus watching a bit of footy and listening to classic heavy metal. Things could be worse. Missing taking my dogs out.

Listening to that doctor talking to Javid I predict they’ll introduce a Antibody test for all none vaccinated doctors and nurses if you have antibodies your fine.

I must say I don't think the compulsory vax of health staff will stand the test of time. In terms of policy, you have to look at what the objective is in this case which is presumably that whilst we're at 'pandemic' level eg in an emergency situation, we can't afford to wait for everyone to generate their own individual immunity naturally and so vaccination offers a fast-track way of increasing overall immunity amongst the population - this example being particularly targeted at health staff of course.

However, it is now clear that neither vaccines nor natural immunity are likely to give long term protection against carrying or spreading the virus so once the population moves into a true endemic situation then what is the point of mandating vaccines against a virus similar to so many respiratory viruses we see such as the cold? Will there be any point in differentiating between individuals who have generated immunity via natural infection and those who have gained their immunity via vaccination? Why would the NHS deprive itself of staff for no benefit whatsoever? It just doesn't stand up to objective scrutiny and jabbing all staff every few months forever is unrealistic rendering compulsory vaccination even more pointless.

FYI I am pro-vaccination, have had my 3 x covid jabs as well as flu, yellow fever, hep, polio etc etc but being pro-vax doesn't mean policymakers should enforce a policy which no longer has any tangible benefits and would probably cause more harm over the next decades once covid is endemic and we are past the emergency stage.

Last edited:
Would normally post this in detail on the data thread but it looks possible good news worth you all seeing. Though possible is the key word. See below.

313 UK deaths - was 162 last week

282 in England v 154 last week.

The England death numbers have been rising in the past few days. Some will be lag from the unusually long holiday- but most seems a real rise.

146,390 cases - but no Wales on Saturday so this is not entirely the fall it seems.

But with no Wales it was 179,637 last Saturday - so down 33,247

England only cases today 130,330 today - 19,075 fewer than yesterday & 32,242 on last Saturday

No testing data reported over the weekend but you have to suspect these will be reduced as often at weekend and so part of the reason - but if not it is a signifcant fall. It was still 1.8 million yesterday - but that was down from over 2 million on the previous 2 days.

Scotland was down 17,065 to 12,602 week to week and N Ireland posted 3458 - half yesterday but V nothing last Saturday.

So the numbers are UK wide whatever is causing the drop.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.