Coronavirus (2022) thread

Maybe I’m reading that wrong but if it covers May to December then many That were unvaccinated were unvaccinated because the vaccine rollout hadn’t reached them yet. In fact the vast majority of under 60’s won’t have had their second jab. I see there is no data block for single jabbed.

I thought the same thing but on reading, it's done on the rate per population in each group. At least that's my understanding, could be wrong.

Except presumably everyone catching it again already had antibodies from first time.

At the moment we do not know how long you keep antibodies for from the unvaccinated after catching Covid and then not being vaccinated?! Some say it’s around 9 months say considerably longer?

Wonder if we have any stats on this.

Health Secretary Sajid Javid has been directly challenged by an unvaccinated hospital consultant over the government's policy of compulsory COVID jabs for NHS staff.

During a visit to King's College Hospital in south London, Mr Javid asked staff members on the intensive care unit about their thoughts on new rules requiring vaccination for NHS workers.

And Steve James, a consultant anaesthetist who has been treating coronavirus patients since the start of the pandemic, told the health secretary about his displeasure.

"I'm not happy about that," he said. "I had COVID at some point, I've got antibodies, and I've been working on COVID ICU since the beginning.

"I have not had a vaccination, I do not want to have a vaccination. The vaccines are reducing transmission only for about eight weeks for Delta, with Omicron it's probably less.
And for that, I would be dismissed if I don't have a vaccine? The science isn't strong enough."

Mr James also revealed another of his colleagues held the same position.

No way would I want to put my trust into a doctor or nurse who was an anti vaxxer.

It terrifying to me that these cunts exist, good riddance.

Dr Mike Tildesley, who has said Omicron is the "first ray of light" that COVID could eventually become less severe.

"The thing that might happen in the future is you may see the emergence of a new variant that is less severe, and ultimately, in the long term, what happens is COVID becomes endemic and you have a less severe version," he told Times Radio.

"It's very similar to the common cold that we've lived with for many years. We're not quite there yet but possibly Omicron is the first ray of light there that suggests that may happen in the longer term. It is, of course, much more transmissible than Delta was, which is concerning, but much less severe."

He added that as we move towards the spring "and we see the back of Omicron", we can live with COVID more as an endemic disease.

I thought the same thing but on reading, it's done on the rate per population in each group. At least that's my understanding, could be wrong.
Yeah but even then it must be counting those waiting for jabs as unvaccinated. It’s trying to encourage people to vaccinate (which is a good thing) but it’s a bit misleading. Could have shown hospitalisation with one jab and also make it clear that this picture is representative of what happened during the vaccine rollout and near the beginning of the booster rollout.

The ignorance is getting annoying now.

Vaccines aren’t designed to stop spread, they are there to significantly reduce serious illness and deaths but they do also reduce spread. They reduced the spread of Delta by about 30%, which over a population the size of ours means a lot more capacity in the NHS and a lot less deaths.
Anti vaxxers are deliberately obtuse. It's futile to engage with them.

Dr Mike Tildesley, who has said Omicron is the "first ray of light" that COVID could eventually become less severe.

"The thing that might happen in the future is you may see the emergence of a new variant that is less severe, and ultimately, in the long term, what happens is COVID becomes endemic and you have a less severe version," he told Times Radio.

"It's very similar to the common cold that we've lived with for many years. We're not quite there yet but possibly Omicron is the first ray of light there that suggests that may happen in the longer term. It is, of course, much more transmissible than Delta was, which is concerning, but much less severe."

He added that as we move towards the spring "and we see the back of Omicron", we can live with COVID more as an endemic disease.
I mentioned this possibility on here a few days ago and was mocked for doing so by the doomoungers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.