Coronavirus (2022) thread

My double vaxxed and boosted wife has it and has been miserable for four days so far. I'm so glad she's had the shots because if it was worse she'd be in the hospital. She's moved into a spare bedroom and I've set her up with everything she needs. I have the finished basement to myself and we wear masks in common areas. I'm hoping her symptoms subside this weekend because having it in your house really sucks.

Hope she's okay, sure she will kicks it's arse.

Enjoy the peace and quiet for the next 10 days pal ;-)

Anti vaxxers are deliberately obtuse. It's futile to engage with them.
It’s a common method of arguing when you have zero facts or statistics that support you. Some of them must know they don’t have the evidence tho and that’s what surprises me the most, that they continue with it.

Last edited:
Yeah but even then it must be counting those waiting for jabs as unvaccinated. It’s trying to encourage people to vaccinate (which is a good thing) but it’s a bit misleading. Could have shown hospitalisation with one jab and also make it clear that this picture is representative of what happened during the vaccine rollout and near the beginning of the booster rollout.

The original dataset includes single jabbed. Don't know why Mainwood didn't include in his visualisation, perhaps just because there are so few of them - from the report:
Screenshot_20220108-115716_Drive.jpg

The dataset includes December, so I don't think it's right to say its only covers near the beginning of the booster campaign. It shows the relative likelihood of ICU admission with vaccination status, and I think would apply at any time.

The whole report and some data to download are here.

maybe, covid can become all consuming if you are not too careful. especially when isolating in 1 room for 7 days like me. lol
My mental health took a battering before Christmas isolating. I did 10 days as that was the rules then.

I’m usually pretty stable and never had issues touch wood but after day 6/7 I was really feeling bad cabin fever and felt depressed. After a couple of days of being allowed out I was right as rain.

My mental health took a battering before Christmas isolating. I did 10 days as that was the rules then.

I’m usually pretty stable and never had issues touch wood but after day 6/7 I was really feeling bad cabin fever and felt depressed. After a couple of days of being allowed out I was right as rain.
we all had to isolate for 10 days in August when my youngest caught it. wasnt too bad all of us together. This time its just me. wife has confined me to the bedroom. she has moved to spare room. Room service isnt bad to be honest as im not the most patient of people. Bit bored but things could be much worse.

The original dataset includes single jabbed. Don't know why Mainwood didn't include in his visualisation, perhaps just because there are so few of them - from the report:
View attachment 33985

The dataset includes December, so I don't think it's right to say its only covers near the beginning of the booster campaign. It shows the relative likelihood of ICU admission with vaccination status, and I think would apply at any time.

The whole report and some data to download are here.

Ok. Thanks. i think the graphs you show make it very clear. In December 21, 90% of the population had at least one jab. That population was making up 40% of critical care admissions. Conversely, the 10% (18+) that were totally unvaccinated were making up 60% of admissions. So in December 6 out of 10 critical care beds were filled by unvaccinated. Just a different way of showing the data I guess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.