Blue Moon Top 100 Bands Artists - Full List of Artists (pg 287)

That lot at Number 2?

k7QWTWH.png

Manchester City are the greatest football team and the Beatles are the greatest band.

This excellent poll just confirms this.

Yup, huge importance, but the proliferation of bells, dog whistles and backward tape loops, etc, haven’t seen it age particularly well. In that regard Rubber Soul, Revolver, Abbey Road and even A Hard Day’s Night leave it far behind. Probably more songs on Pepper that I’d ‘skip‘ when listening to than on any other Beatles album (Good Morning, Lovely Rita, Within You Without You, Mr Kite and even the title track - I prefer the reprise on side 2).
Still got She’s Leaving Home on it though, which I’d argue is McCartney’s 2nd greatest ever track after Hey Jude

Its just not a very good album.

I know I'm in the minority but a day in the life is the only redeeming feature on that most overrated album ever.
Cannot think of an Beatle album that I would play from start to finish.
Sure there are some amazing songs on most but a lot of shite on a lot as well.

St Pepper isn't their best work or the best concept album made, it gets overhyped in my opinion, The White album, Rubber Sole, Revolver and Abbey Rd are much better LPs by them and I would sy only revolver and Abbey Rd has no skipable song on them

Last edited:
I've been out of this since the top 50 really, but have to say, would have rather seen the smiths top it than the beatles. On a Manchester based forum, nothing wrong with that.

For all the praise and reviews the Beatles get (obviously, I recognize they had some excellent songs), I am yet to meet anyone that actually listens to them. And by that I mean not claim to listen to them, or name their songs, or hum along whem they come on the radio, but actually consciously chooses to put an album on and immerse themselves in it.

I wonder how much the recent Disney documentary swayed those few votes sd well.
I listen to their albums very regularly mate. I know we haven’t met but I cannot be alone surely. As for the Smiths.........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.