Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Written something about how City's winning streak this season has been greeted by some in the media.

Thanks for this, Ste. A very telling and well put together analysis.

IIRC, you related on the 93:20 pod a while back how you'd had a call from someone in the football media saying that a war against City was under way and telling you (supposedly for your own good) that you should take care to be on the right side. You'll be receiving more such communications if you're not careful, assuming you haven't already.

For what it's worth, I'm deeply appreciative of the stance you've taken and I know I'm far from alone among Blues in that. Thanks for your efforts, mate. Cheers, and keep on keeping on.

Written something about how City's winning streak this season has been greeted by some in the media.

Accepting that City are way ahead and can't be caught, so get rid of them, is totally against everything that football (and sport) is all about. They are advocating giving up which is not what football is all about. They want a video game where they can control the results and if they can't - turn it off. In the end, they aren't really interested in football.

Accepting that City are way ahead and can't be caught, so get rid of them, is totally against everything that football (and sport) is all about. They are advocating giving up which is not what football is all about. They want a video game where they can control the results and if they can't - turn it off. In the end, they aren't really interested in football.
It’s no coincidence that this whole attitude has emerged while Americans have such a powerful influence on the game.
It‘s never been about competition with them.
It‘s just another form of lucrative entertainment with the aim being the maximum number of bums on the maximum number of seats, for the optimum amount of dosh, and any british so-called fan who rows in with this notion is the real enemy of competition, not us.

It’s no coincidence that this whole attitude has emerged while Americans have such a powerful influence on the game.
It‘s never been about competition with them.
It‘s just another form of lucrative entertainment with the aim being the maximum number of bums on the maximum number of seats, for the optimum amount of dosh, and any british so-called fan who rows in with this notion is the real enemy of competition, not us.
With the Americans they have no idea of relegation in any of their ML sports. Ffs I love the Mets but they'll be there again to play again next year ;-)

Sky transfer slot, just spen 15 minutes talking about why the Rags are so shit, apparently Shitshow and Rashford are still great players and a new Manager will have them competing again. Wtf had that got to do with transfers?

Sky transfer slot, just spen 15 minutes talking about why the Rags are so shit, apparently Shitshow and Rashford are still great players and a new Manager will have them competing again. Wtf had that got to do with transfers?
You know the narrative. New manager, they improve slightly.......hey presto, it's like a new signing.

You can write the shit yourself.

Thanks for this, Ste. A very telling and well put together analysis.

IIRC, you related on the 93:20 pod a while back how you'd had a call from someone in the football media saying that a war against City was under way and telling you (supposedly for your own good) that you should take care to be on the right side. You'll be receiving more such communications if you're not careful, assuming you haven't already.

For what it's worth, I'm deeply appreciative of the stance you've taken and I know I'm far from alone among Blues in that. Thanks for your efforts, mate. Cheers, and keep on keeping on.
Thanks mate. That's really nice and hugely appreciated.

His exact words were "You think it's bad now. It's going to get a lot, lot worse and you need to make sure you're on the right side"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.