Vegetarians - Meat replacements

My daughter has now gone fully veggie and she has Richmond non meat bacon, sausages and burgers all the time. She's just tried the No Chicken Dinosaurs and No Chicken Nuggets from Aldi this week and declared them to be good.

Doesn't bother me as even though she's moved back home because of Covid she cooks all her own stuff plus overall she eats far more healthily than she did previously.

A life is a life. I don't put one above another.
Why some strange people think a plants life has less value than an animals is beyond me.
I eat both and will forever continue to do so.
My meat featured BBQ's are infinitely more tasty than any vegetarians alternative offerings.
Don't even get me started about pretentious vegans...

Shopping today and looking at all the new plant based ranges , it occurred to me why do vegetarians/ vegans decide against eating meat but then choose and design food products that are designed to look and taste like the type of food they are looking to avoid? If they want a plant / vegetable based diet why not eat plants and vegetables that look like what they are rather than adding in preservatives and additives to make them look like something else?

This seems like an incredibly disingenuous question.

It's not hard to work out that a vegetarian sausage is trying to offer someone who loves pork sausages a vegetarian alternative to either get them to try vegetarianism, or keep them on the wagon.

It's also not difficult to work out that people who are vegetarian for ethical/animal welfare reasons love the taste of meat but won't kill another animal for their dinner, so offering the taste without the death is the ideal scenario.

I think most 5 year olds could answer this question, it's very hard to believe you're "just asking" innocently and not trying to start an anti-vegan thread.

And I say this as someone who is digesting a massive rib-eye and just dry brined a chicken for tomorrow's roast.

You can't deny an animal that doesn't exist a life.
I imagine that's exactly what we will do to entire species if we lab grow meat, how many farm bred animals currently used in the meat industry are still found in the wild ?

I imagine that's exactly what we will do to entire species if we lab grow meat, how many farm bred animals currently used in the meat industry are still found in the wild ?

All of them. Wild poultry is in abundance (goose, duck, pigeon, pheasant) wild boars, wild bovine animals like Gaurs and Buffalo, wild sheep are basically Ibex.

Again, it's not denying anything a life. You aren't denying a chicken a life every time you eat an egg.

Last edited:
A life is a life. I don't put one above another.
Why some strange people think a plants life has less value than an animals is beyond me.
I eat both and will forever continue to do so.
My meat featured BBQ's are infinitely more tasty than any vegetarians alternative offerings.
Don't even get me started about pretentious
This seems like an incredibly disingenuous question.

It's not hard to work out that a vegetarian sausage is trying to offer someone who loves pork sausages a vegetarian alternative to either get them to try vegetarianism, or keep them on the wagon.

It's also not difficult to work out that people who are vegetarian for ethical/animal welfare reasons love the taste of meat but won't kill another animal for their dinner, so offering the taste without the death is the ideal scenario.

I think most 5 year olds could answer this question, it's very hard to believe you're "just asking" innocently and not trying to start an anti-vegan thread.

And I say this as someone who is digesting a massive rib-eye and just dry brined a chicken for tomorrow's roast.
I read that as ‘dry bummed a chicken…’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.