Vegetarians - Meat replacements

Most people eat meat. If you want people to move to veggie options it’s most viable to give them obvious alternatives. Seems sensible enough to me.

I think a lot of the better veggie food is when it isnt trying to directly substitute meat like for like and instead does it’s own thing. You can get some tasty dishes when you stop building it around a central piece like a lump of chicken or whatever

Most people eat meat. If you want people to move to veggie options it’s most viable to give them obvious alternatives. Seems sensible enough to me.

I think a lot of the better veggie food is when it isnt trying to directly substitute meat like for like and instead does it’s own thing. You can get some tasty dishes when you stop building it around a central piece like a lump of chicken or whatever
I agree with this completely. Gave up meat about 10 years ago (still eat fish) and I dont even want a meat taste in anything now.

I agree with this completely. Gave up meat about 10 years ago (still eat fish) and I dont even want a meat taste in anything now.
I heard you love meat in your mouth, at least that’s what it says on the chalkboard in the shitter at my local….’Nimmers loves meat in his mouth”

I heard you love meat in your mouth, at least that’s what it says on the chalkboard in the shitter at my local….’Nimmers loves meat in his mouth”
If it's written in the toilet I suspect drone wrote it as a piss take on one of his sex holidays to Brokeback Mountain, Idaho.

Shopping today and looking at all the new plant based ranges , it occurred to me why do vegetarians/ vegans decide against eating meat but then choose and design food products that are designed to look and taste like the type of food they are looking to avoid? If they want a plant / vegetable based diet why not eat plants and vegetables that look like what they are rather than adding in preservatives and additives to make them look like something else?
Fuck me that is unbelievably daft. We dont stop eating meat because we dont like it. I loved it, it tastes great, but I couldn't continue being a utter hypocritical ****, first class, with honours, who loved animals, hated cruelty, yet ate them.

People miss meat, so these new products go someway toward filling a gap. I have to say personally, i have found maybe two things that Idont think taste like shit. But I live in hope they will get better. Even if they don't, I feel better in my head so wont he returning.

Theres nothing wrong with liking the taste of meat and if no animal had to die, so much the better.

I have been veggie since the mid 80's , tried the meat substitutes and they were vile , i have no say what shape the plant and herb based food comes in , if this is keeping you up at night op then you need to get laid

We are going to be fucked when the "Don't hurt the plants" people land in another 20 years.

I rarely, and I mean rarely eat meat being a nearly vegetarian is hard work :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.