Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said he was good enough for Leicester, with the potential of a big job afterwards assuming he did well there. He still has a lot to prove but I think he'd be worth for a shot for that Leicester/West Ham/Everton-tier of teams the next time they're looking for a new manager
Would agree in principle but the big teams in the PL don’t really hire managers based on how they’re doing at clubs like Leicester these days. Pep, Klopp, Conte, Tuchel all hired from abroad after winning silverware.

I keep hearing about Everton's decent squad, just looked through their players, not much there if i'm being honest
I've looked at the starting eleven a few times this season and thought they had enough to get three points out of a fixture, certainly at home, and then they end up getting turned over by teams who are looking over their shoulder at the trap door.

They're massively underachieving given their resources, though. Leeds are playing just their second top-flight season in the best part of 20 years
Agree which is why when people diss Bielsa I’m left wondering what people expect from Leeds at this stage.

Any other manager would have us 15th in the Championship

Agree with you. To be doing what he’s doing at your place with the players he has is fantastic.
Most other managers would still have you in Championship I agree.

Agree which is why when people diss Bielsa I’m left wondering what people expect from Leeds at this stage.

Yeah you've been completely fucked by injuries this season. Bielsa is interesting to me because his pros and cons are so pronounced. Like the way Leeds were winning the ball back high in the transition and then countering ruthlessly against West Ham today was as good as Liverpool with inferior players. Everyone knew instinctively how to work that situation and they were amazing at it

But on the other hand, going man-to-man across the pitch even when it leads to 5-0 losses, and just full-on not marking people at set pieces constantly makes you question why he can't get some of the basics right

Personally I find his teams to be fascinating whatever happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.