Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you've been completely fucked by injuries this season. Bielsa is interesting to me because his pros and cons are so pronounced. Like the way Leeds were winning the ball back high in the transition and then countering ruthlessly against West Ham today was as good as Liverpool with inferior players. Everyone knew instinctively how to work that situation and they were amazing at it

But on the other hand, going man-to-man across the pitch even when it leads to 5-0 losses, and just full-on not marking people at set pieces constantly makes you question why he can't get some of the basics right

Personally I find his teams to be fascinating whatever happens
Bielsa is a flawed genius but I think Leeds fans are accepting of it because they know the likes of Dallas, Ayling, Cooper, Klich, Forshaw, Roberts, Harrison, Bamford wouldn’t be Premier League players without Bielsa. The fact we’re now pulling away from the danger zone ends any conception of him being under pressure.

Wreck it Ralf might know someone from the Russian league? That's a goldmine of undiscovered game changing managers!
leonidslutsky-cropped_yvxbqjh4sy0q192lhbho1cfjn.jpg

Well that wasn't the question, was it? You said they don't hire managers with that kind of profile but they often do.

Also, personally I found Solskjær's tenure to be incredibly successful :)
Well 2 of those examples were by Spurs who I don’t know how they count as a big 6 team. Chelsea were in a crisis and blinded by nostalgia when they appointed Lampard. Arteta and Solskjaer were actually hired from Man City and Norway, the latter was only an interim until they knee jerked after a run of form (and it was one of the most beautiful episodes in PL history).

Well 2 of those examples were by Spurs who I don’t know how they count as a big 6 team. Chelsea were in a crisis and blinded by nostalgia when they appointed Lampard. Arteta and Solskjaer were actually hired from Man City and Norway, the latter was only an interim until they knee jerked after a run of form (and it was one of the most beautiful episodes in PL history).

You put Conte in your list so I assumed we were including Spurs

Robbie Savage believes Everton would still represent a step up from Brighton for Potter.

They should be going after the Brentford manager
He wouldn’t survive two minutes with Everton’s recruitment model, he’s done really well with Brentford but their success has been built on using the moneyball system and continuity in management types over a number of years, Everton have flip flopped between several different types of manager & recruitment teams and would need a full restructure to supplement him as coach. How many clubs do you know that sells one of their best players, gets rid of several backroom staff at the request of the manger then sack him a week later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.