Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren’t Everton destined for world domination a few years ago when they got taken over?

I was led to believe that money always = instant success.
Looking at Everton shows what a good job our owners and Mancini did in the early years of our take over. To take us from a club without a trophy for 30 plus years and plenty of relegations to winning the PL in 4 years was no mean achievement

Who'd have thought having an ex Liverpool manager was going to be nothing short of a disaster waiting to happen. Who the hell is advising these owners

Just speaking to an evertonian colleague, he's hoping for big Dunc till the end of the season to get to them safe, and then mancini after the world cup.

When i pointed out that the world cup isn't in summer this time around I could visibly see the hard place they're in via his face... There's nobody he can identify who will impose a style of play and identity to Everton FC. Lampard? Wazzock? Allardyce again? Nobody screams "I can sort it out".

Getting that person, and fitting what they already have on the playing side into his methods so more money doesn't need to be spent, is the issue. I think personally Mancini is a great shout, but he won't walk away in a world cup year.

Lots of clamour from the usual media wankers to give it to Rooney, 5 minutes experience in the championship and that qualifies you to go head to head with pep, klopp et Al? It would be OLE X 2 and we all know how it will end.
They should go for potter z plays football and has cut his teeth in the prem.

not one mention of Dyche unless ive missed it, but i think he'll jump at the chance and be a good fit
I don't know what relationship Dyche has with Burnley's new owners but I guess he is not pleased about the debt they have imposed on the club thru a leveraged buy out. If they go down, they will struggle to get back, so Dyche may well look for pastures new.
Everton could do a lot worse, but they would have to wait for the end of the season to get Dyche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.