Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
WC Final 1970. Jair lashed in a great goal after a passing movement in which almost every member of the team played a part. It started in the left back position, iirc, and was finished by the right winger. Proper football.
Best team I’ve ever seen, brilliant. My mum bought me a Brazil kit for Christmas in 1970, it was the envy of the school, I also had a pair of Alan Ball white boots, I looked the Ducks nuts.

This bit:

Has to be about the most dishonest, specious load of bollocks I can remember reading in quite while. Our player retention is second to none.
Just a piss poor attempt by a nobody to try & undermine our recruitment and a desperate one at that, maybe the pictures of Haaland watching the game have got him rattled, it certainly has Madrid, who’ve thrown out a €300M package to the press

He's the sort of **** that would have moaned about the football played by the Brazilian and Dutch national teams in the 70s. Zero appreciation of football as an art-form.
Took years for English football to recover after Graham Taylor got appointed to the national job - a manager who based his whole philosophy around long balls planted deep into the opposition half. This journalist prefers Taylor's approach. Dinosaur.

Seems our win over Chelsea didn't please everyone.
An unbelievably bitter article from someone who seems to have personal issues. He describes United as more watchable than City in recent years. That is an absurd comment. Not even the most bitter of bitter United fans would agree with that view.

I read that article and agree with you. 2/3rds of it was incredibly positive and thoughtful. 1/3 was hateful and the worst type of City bingo. I do wish the club would do more to build relationships with these journalists and try and eliminate the stuff that is just factually wrong. Unlimited riches, owned by a country etc etc.
It’s the “shit sandwich” school of social interaction. Usually a cynical and long discredited management tool but it’s increasingly used in the media. Especially where City are concerned
Give someone some criticism/negative feedback, ie the message you really want to get across (the shit) - but top and tail it with some praise to soften the blow (the sandwich bread)
So we now get the same old articles from the WhatsApp wankers, all following that format:

“City are a brilliant team (BREAD)
“Its only because they are a bunch of boring, state owned, human rights abusing, sportwashing FFP cheats with unlimited money and a 75 man squad of experienced world class internationals so nobody can compete, they are ruining football and something must be done to stop them (SHIT)
“But City are a brilliant team” (BREAD)

So transparent and intellectually dishonest it’s laughable. They think nobody can see what they are doing

There seems to be a few new names (to me) who've crawled out of the woodwork in the last week or so. They all have 'Ireland', 'LFC' or both in their bios and all are spouting the same go to line about us being boring, too dominant and generally bad for the league. I'm sure it's a complete coincidence unless the WhatsApp group have gone on a recruitment drive!

Reading the Ken Early tripe about Saturday's match, found this paragraph amusing. Considering how the game in question that he's reporting on was actually settled.

The gap grows every time a crowd screams “SHOOT” when a player gets the ball in space within 30 yards of goal. Players today are told to avoid shooting from distance by coaches who have studied the stats and know precisely how low the chances of scoring from out there really are. Teams now aim to work the ball into a better position before pulling the trigger. The result is that the long-range screamer – arguably the most thrilling sight in football – is being optimised out of the game. Football evolves, while the fans pine for what’s been lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.