Julian Alvarez | Signs for City (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kinda glad we are loaning him back to River Plate. While he's been impressive I want to see a larger sample size. Idk if adv stats exist for the south America leagues but if I was to guess, he outperformed his xG by a ton. Many games it seemed that if he had a shot on goal, it went in. Ofc that can mean he's a brilliant finisher but it's probably better to get a larger sample size to see whether that was "flukey" or whatever. Still, he's a good talent.

I'm kinda glad we are loaning him back to River Plate. While he's been impressive I want to see a larger sample size. Idk if adv stats exist for the south America leagues but if I was to guess, he outperformed his xG by a ton. Many games it seemed that if he had a shot on goal, it went in. Ofc that can mean he's a brilliant finisher but it's probably better to get a larger sample size to see whether that was "flukey" or whatever. Still, he's a good talent.
Since we have already bought him if we loan him out, whats that loan gonna tell you that we could not figure out for ourselves if he would be playing for us instead?

Can't find any xG for him unfortunately but G/A wise v good

Since we have already bought him if we loan him out, whats that loan gonna tell you that we could not figure out for ourselves if he would be playing for us instead?
Further evaluation to see if he's actually ready to play for us?
River Plate is a good team but there's a huge difference when playing for the best team in the world and in the most competitive league.

I thought there were noises that he will go to U. I guess he is the replacement for Torres. So, despite promises and potential, he has a long way to go. I hope he does even better than Torres.
Hope they havent pulled a "Fred" on us

You know how we used to say "I won't get excited until he's on the OS holding the shirt"?

These days I don't get excited until he's signed, trained with the first team for a few months and made a few appearances. Until then I just assume our plan for him is a series of loans to sister clubs, maybe Portugal or the Netherlands, then sell on.

Not that I'm complaining, as long as we keep winning trophies I'm not fussed who we sign and sell, but I find it odd how excited our fans have got over this guy when recent history suggests we probably have no intention of him ever setting foot on the pitch at the Etihad.

Kane Haaland Alvarez

So we will have some centre forward options next season then ,it’s been like waiting for the 130 bus

Congratulations you have seen that which cannot be unseen. Behold what lies behind the curtain of the tappy-tap-tap-tap-a-roo merchant. It is a terrible place.

Fabrizio is exactly like the Wizard of Oz. Convinced everyone he's extremely knowledgeable, but if you look properly you just see a bloke who's doing a decent job.

You know how we used to say "I won't get excited until he's on the OS holding the shirt"?

These days I don't get excited until he's signed, trained with the first team for a few months and made a few appearances. Until then I just assume our plan for him is a series of loans to sister clubs, maybe Portugal or the Netherlands, then sell on.

Not that I'm complaining, as long as we keep winning trophies I'm not fussed who we sign and sell, but I find it odd how excited our fans have got over this guy when recent history suggests we probably have no intention of him ever setting foot on the pitch at the Etihad.

If it is true that he is in the last year of his contract, and that we are paying around 20m for him, and also letting him stay there, then I doubt he is being bought to loan out and eventually sell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.