Kids/adults running onto the pitch after the final whistle

In the first place, the players shouldn't be encouraging this by giving their shirts to pitch invaders, who shouldn't be on the pitch.

I saw the incident and it seemed to me like the fan was resisting as they were trying to get the shirt off him, which they eventually did and it was given to a kid in the crowd. A few more idiots ran on the pitch afterwards (not all City fans as there appeared to be at least one Southampton idiot as well) and a smoke bomb was thrown at stewards/on the pitch.

One of the things I hate is the criminalisation of football fans. The police assume we're all drunken, coked-up wannabe hooligans to start with, which doesn't help matters. It's ridiculous that I can sit in my seat at the Etihad at any other event and have a drink, but I'm a criminal if I do that at a football match. There's been numerous other incidents of heavy-handed and even illegal treatment of football fans by police and stewards over the years and I'm not going to defend that in any way.

But idiots running onto pitches when they know it's illegal just reinforce the negative view that authorities have of football fans and a few idiots doing this could lead to us being fenced in again. So while excessive force to restrain someone or while they're restrained is completely unacceptable, it would be much easier if people didn't put themselves in that position in the first place.

Last edited:
In the first place, the players shouldn't be encouraging this by giving their shirts to pitch invaders, who shouldn't be on the pitch.

I saw the incident and it seemed to me like the fan was resisting as they were trying to get the shirt off him, which they eventually did and it was given to a kid in the crowd. A few more idiots ran on the pitch afterwards (not all City fans as there appeared to be at least one Southampton idiot as well) and a smoke bomb was thrown/at stewards on the pitch.

One of the things I hate is the criminalisation of football fans. The police assume we're all drunken, coked-up wannabe hooligans to start with, which doesn't help matters. It's ridiculous that I can sit in my seat at the Etihad at any other event and have a drink, but I'm a criminal if I do that at a football match. There's been numerous other incidents of heavy-handed and even illegal treatment of football fans by police and stewards over the years and I'm not going to defend that in any way.

But idiots running onto pitches when they know it's illegal just reinforce the negative view that authorities have of football fans and a few idiots doing this could lead to us being fenced in again. So while excessive force to restrain someone or while they're restrained is completely unacceptable, it would be much easier if people didn't put themselves in that position in the first place.
Plus when this happens people don't consider the fans who sit on the front row, as the bruise I still have on my shin bone shows! A bruise you scoff,(not you PB) that is nothing. In a person who has a blood disorder and can bleed excessively it is something. However that doesn't bother me as much as the fact that we get shoved and pushed and in front of us is a low wall and on the other side lots of equipment for the cameras etc which set up there for the before and after match interviews. If one of the people on the front row were pushed over in to that it could cause serious injury.

The purpose of this post? Cut it out please. Thank you. :-)

Plus when this happens people don't consider the fans who sit on the front row, as the bruise I still have on my shin bone shows! A bruise you scoff,(not you PB) that is nothing. In a person who has a blood disorder and can bleed excessively it is something. However that doesn't bother me as much as the fact that we get shoved and pushed and in front of us is a low wall and on the other side lots of equipment for the cameras etc which set up there for the before and after match interviews. If one of the people on the front row were pushed over in to that it could cause serious injury.

Thanks Sheila. I forgot to mention the melee in the front few rows of that block (45 I think) which must have been distressing for any kids or adults who just go to football to enjoy the game and the day out, which is the vast majority.

I was close to the aisle and about 3 rows of the front for the Brighton away game. With 5 minutes to go to got very crowded down there as people started moving down to the front to try and get players shirts. It wasnt easy for the stewards to control. It wasnt great.

Thanks Sheila. I forgot to mention the melee in the front few rows of that block (45 I think) which must have been distressing for any kids or adults who just go to football to enjoy the game and the day out, which is the vast majority.
Aisle 125 PB. I did think of writing to you about it (for the CM meeting) but the stewards do as good a job as they can and I wouldn't want it to look as if I were complaining about them. They are always helpful, caring and aware. :-)

I don't really feel sorry for the lad. Fuck him.

That being said, it sounds like the stewards were stupid and need to be punished. Never mind the fact that they apparently went overboard or that one of them apparently pinched Bernardo's shirt but them acting like this will potentially put other more sensible stewards in danger.

Also I wouldn't shed a tear if the grey haired one got a smack. Just looks a ****.
He didn't pinch Bernardo shirt he gave it to a kid at the front

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.