It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those thinking we’d need a release clause, we probably won’t.

The club has a track record of letting players go that want to leave. Sane, Ferran, Bernardo (though it didn’t materialise).

We’ve nothing to prove where an eventual sale is concerned.

The worry for me is that this means Madrid and Haaland are at a very advanced stage of negotiation.

Tolmie’s news might be a false victory.

Something like 6 year deal with a buyout that kicks in for summer 3 at £250mill, then £175mill year 4 and £125mill year 5.
I think Håland camp would just prefer a flat 150M release clause available after the second season, similar to his deal with Dortmund, anything more is only making the club money, at the expense of his potential salary. If he gets sold for that its a win win for everyone, the club gets to have maybe the best striker in the world for at least a couple of seasons, and if he would want to leave the club double their money. Thats the kind of deal I would be looking for if I were him joining a new club without knowing what the future holds. Dont forget that a release clause is no certainty he will leave, it just gives him the option if he wants to. If he is happy where he is, it doesnt matter if he has a release clause or not.

Some very big news from Haaland end.

Haaland and Mino are refusing the huge buyout clause Madrid are proposing.

To the point, they have told them
they want nothing to do with any golden handcuffs deal.

City are still alive here...
To be honest, if they're that far along with Madrid I'd bet it will get sorted and he's off there. Doesnt sound good for us

Last edited:
I think the club would consider signing Nunez, if the other preferred options wasn't possible. We've been linked with him for a long time and if there is something to it, it would be surprising to see our interest fading as soon as he has his break out season and starts scoring loads of goals.
I can see us going for Nunez if he is available. I have watched him in a lot of high profile matches and his game reminds me of suarez so much in addition he is also a bigger unit so he would be perfect for us if we can't land any of our main target

People are assuming that he would get here and leave in a few years. Why would he leave if he were winning for club and individual awards, being a star, making money from the club and off the pitch? It’s absolutely not a given that he would leave
I agree, we have a young(ish) squad and if he is as good as advertised, we will continue winning and challenging for the top trophies.
The money and personal achievements should naturally come his way after that, in fact he could be up against some of his team mates for the top awards, so that could be enough for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.