Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have to accept that the average ‘news’ site these days has got about as much to do with objective journalism as Facebook has to do with ‘connecting people’. The business model has altered them to the point where they are now something completely different from what we used to think of them as.

I do also wonder if there is also some weird sort of psychological transference going on too. Let’s be honest, there’s quite a lot to dislike about modern football and its’ values. So, if you earn your living writing about or broadcasting it, rather than admit to yourself and others that you are a willing participant and agent in the theft of football from ordinary people, it’s much easier to lump all that disgust and shame onto a whipping boy. It’s essentially the ultimate form of whataboutery by people who in some cases are prime movers in turning football into a bit of a cesspool.

Just made the mistake of listening to that knobhead simon jordan.

Why do you lot listen to talksport ? Than post it on here and twats like me than listen lol.

Man utd bought every premier league title they won, same with Chelsea, Blackburn, City, liverpool. All have spent big. Leicester well !!

Personally I find it odd how this City v liverpool spending = success is played out in the press/media. Is it City's fault that the dippers dont give klopp more money ? Is it liverpool's fault that City give their manager the money he wants ?

Both clubs are run differently one reinvests the other takes money out.

As for who is the better manager its Pep all day long to me. He has reinvented the way most teams ( and our national team ) play football. Klopp is still the hoofball with good players like utd but minus a good manager.
Klopp is very good at that style of play and getting the 14 or 15 players to flog themselves to death !. A posh stoke with more money.

Look at Citys statium, our campus our ladies team ( own statium as such ) our youth set up. City are so well run that people like Jordan have to talk this shit to keep their audience happy. If they praised City like they do the dippers and the rags the station would lose loads of listeners. Same with sky BT BBC etc.

Honestly guys life is so much better when you ignore the press/media :)

Cancelled my Athletic sub after that article

Shame as I really like Sam Lee’s writing on City.

But they won’t get a penny off me after that.

Liverpool/United style fanzine bullshit.

Some of the writers they’ve got for the other clubs like Carl Anka and James Pearce it’s childlike.

Adam Crafton seemingly a major axe to grind against us/UAE, wonder why.

Comments turned off so they knew it was a hit piece

I am not that bothered as to the extent of media coverage. It matters more to me as to what the media say.

However I am curious as to why this is. Are the media right in assuming that good City news does not sell?

The easiest way of checking was I thought look at the number of twitter followers...

Barcelona 39.9m
Man Utd 29.7m
Chelsea 19.5m
Liverpool 19.3m
Arsenal 18.6m
Real Madrid 13.4m
City 11.5m
Spurs 6.9m

Does that surprise you? It seems to me that there is good logic as to why City do not feature much in media content. We just don't have the numbers. It must change with success but how long will it take?

Of course there are other metrics but this was the easiest one to check.

I think if you were to include China, City would be much higher but the British media is not interested in the Chinese. Perhaps they should be.

Also bt YouTube highlights of our 0-5 win had over a millions views in less than 24 hours similar to rags and scouser get.

Certain media outlets must be getting paid to keep this love in of them two clubs.

Some of the writers they’ve got for the other clubs like Carl Anka and James Pearce it’s childlike.

You know more about your team, and football than most paid journalists. And the transfer speculation is borderline fraud.

The rot set in when they stopped giving them crayons to write with.

Sam Lee is a twat.

That is because Herbert is a bitter bastard and can't get over us not being banned from Europe and kicked out of the EPL at the same time
It has always been the case that 95 per cent plus of football trainees don't make the top grade but the welfare and support these days is better than it ever was in the past (no doubt could still be improved). If the English Academy system is such a failure (as the headline states) why is it that England now has most of the best young players in world football and the strongest pyramid system of leagues in the world. The headline is just untrue.
I read the article and most of it is perfectly legitimate. I don't have any problems with focusing on tragedy and youth suicides. It is an important issue. But the article doesn't tell the whole story, it is unbalanced and ignores the wider context. There is no mention of the vast numbers of former youth players who don't make the elite grade but still make a good living from sport. It is not balanced journalism so it has little validity. Like so much distorted content in the mainstream media it is just propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.