Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
See I just don’t see that really.

It’s not partisan not up our arse like MEN or some of the drivel you see about Liverpool or United granted but very rarely if ever slags us off?

and it’s not pseud bullshit like Winter or Ronay.

Think he gives a pretty good insight with tactics and squad balance, things like that.

Will just stick to podcasts if I want to hear from him though, Athletic aren’t getting a penny off me from now on.
Maybe he is different than when on twitter, awful on there.

We must have had a good win this week cos I’m seeing a lot of articles with regards Pep being a chequebook manager and him being a failure if he doesn’t win the champions league.
They’re all hurting and very very bitter lol
Just point out that Pep doesn't have access to the cheque book. Ultimately, he gets the players he is given by Tkixi. (See Sanchez.)

When I see these stories regurgitated, I always wonder how many aspiring youngsters in other walks of life suffer similar extreme consequences of failure. The obvious example is acting. How many young actors have sunk into depression, drugs and suicide as their high hopes haven't materialised ? I don't see that football clubs are under any higher moral obligation to support failed footballers than any other industry, and City, of all clubs, do more than most to provide an education to fall back on.
After spending his secondary education in the school used by all United academy students Marcus Rashford states that he never read a book until he was 17.
In my eyes both the school and the rags have failed him for allowing such a situation to arise. The school should have informed both the rags and his parents of his poor performance.
I am sure that City's boys do not leave school without a good education yet as usual it is City getting the sly digs and the pictures of the Academy stadium.

After spending his secondary education in the school used by all United academy students Marcus Rashford states that he never read a book until he was 17.
In my eyes both the school and the rags have failed him for allowing such a situation to arise. The school should have informed both the rags and his parents of his poor performance.
I am sure that City's boys do not leave school without a good education yet as usual it is City getting the sly digs and the pictures of the Academy stadium.

This 100%

Why arent the school and utd being called out over their poor education standards. Plus not making sure their academy kids were eating properly.

The richest club in the world

This is according to the press/media the most successful academy in the world. Yet it failed to make sure their academy kids were fed and educated. This is a scandal.

When I see these stories regurgitated, I always wonder how many aspiring youngsters in other walks of life suffer similar extreme consequences of failure. The obvious example is acting. How many young actors have sunk into depression, drugs and suicide as their high hopes haven't materialised ? I don't see that football clubs are under any higher moral obligation to support failed footballers than any other industry, and City, of all clubs, do more than most to provide an education to fall back on.
Don’t they send the young trainees to st bedes college? It’s a very good school that my mate sent his youngsters to.

Just point out that Pep doesn't have access to the cheque book. Ultimately, he gets the players he is given by Tkixi. (See Sanchez.)
I accept what Pep says when he claims he does not to get involved in the actual negotiations, but surely he must have a say in deciding if a player fits into his plans?
Perhaps Tkixi is acquiring players for the future - post Pep. Although Tkixi has ultimate responsibilty, I just can't imagine City buying any player if Pep isn't happy.

Despite it being a serious matter not just in UK but probably world wide, why is it like I am reading another article about City?
Hasn't Herbert/Daily Mail published this 'Special Report' previously which makes the timing a tad suspect. It's one of those subjects that is very difficult to discuss openly and dispassionately because of the devastating loss Jeremy Wisten's family have suffered. The one organisation that doesn't appear to get a mention is the PFA who, as the players union, should surely be heavily invested in this.

This 100%

Why arent the school and utd being called out over their poor education standards. Plus not making sure their academy kids were eating properly.

The richest club in the world

This is according to the press/media the most successful academy in the world. Yet it failed to make sure their academy kids were fed and educated. This is a scandal.
About 2 years ago when the Rashford gravy train was just starting they were all making a big deal of Mrs Rashford demanding that her son went to the Academy. She was praised for foing this as at 11 he was the youngest lad to get in
Unfortunately it did not suit the narrative of young Marcus going hungry. In fact he was being well fed like all the other lads in his digs and at school getting the high quality Trafford MBC meals.
So the story was changed to suit.

Don’t they send the young trainees to st bedes college? It’s a very good school that my mate sent his youngsters to.
My mate pays for his kids to go to St Bedes because of its reputation.
He is a devout Muslim and his kids are both girls and he is delighted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.