Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has always been the case that 95 per cent plus of football trainees don't make the top grade but the welfare and support these days is better than it ever was in the past (no doubt could still be improved). If the English Academy system is such a failure (as the headline states) why is it that England now has most of the best young players in world football and the strongest pyramid system of leagues in the world. The headline is just untrue.
I read the article and most of it is perfectly legitimate. I don't have any problems with focusing on tragedy and youth suicides. It is an important issue. But the article doesn't tell the whole story, it is unbalanced and ignores the wider context. There is no mention of the vast numbers of former youth players who don't make the elite grade but still make a good living from sport. It is not balanced journalism so it has little validity. Like so much distorted content in the mainstream media it is just propaganda.

When I see these stories regurgitated, I always wonder how many aspiring youngsters in other walks of life suffer similar extreme consequences of failure. The obvious example is acting. How many young actors have sunk into depression, drugs and suicide as their high hopes haven't materialised ? I don't see that football clubs are under any higher moral obligation to support failed footballers than any other industry, and City, of all clubs, do more than most to provide an education to fall back on.

When I see these stories regurgitated, I always wonder how many aspiring youngsters in other walks of life suffer similar extreme consequences of failure. The obvious example is acting. How many young actors have sunk into depression, drugs and suicide as their high hopes haven't materialised ? I don't see that football clubs are under any higher moral obligation to support failed footballers than any other industry, and City, of all clubs, do more than most to provide an education to fall back on.
Also, how many of these types suffered the casting couch to get their first break?

Which also won't help with the second part of your sentence, especially if nothing comes from the first part.

Really?

He is a snide and not particularly subtle about it, I wouldn't even wipe my arse on a printed article he has written, as it would make it useful at least.

See I just don’t see that really.

It’s not partisan not up our arse like MEN or some of the drivel you see about Liverpool or United granted but very rarely if ever slags us off?

and it’s not pseud bullshit like Winter or Ronay.

Think he gives a pretty good insight with tactics and squad balance, things like that.

Will just stick to podcasts if I want to hear from him though, Athletic aren’t getting a penny off me from now on.

See I just don’t see that really.

It’s not partisan not up our arse like MEN or some of the drivel you see about Liverpool or United granted but very rarely if ever slags us off?

and it’s not pseud bullshit like Winter or Ronay.

Think he gives a pretty good insight with tactics and squad balance, things like that.

Will just stick to podcasts if I want to hear from him though, Athletic aren’t getting a penny off me from now on.

So for all his articles that we were getting banned for cheating, where are his articles to say why we were wronged. We knew we would be cleared from good investigative accounting & law from PB & & others & still 2 years later nothing. He’s a snide fcker & to me worse than the others for cosying up.

I watched the first half of the Liverpool game last night and was amused to hear the ultra-positive commentary. Absolutely gushing. Very different to the stuff I used to listen to when watching a City game.
Not sure who the 2 English commentators were on the City game I streamed on Tuesday night but the comment from one of them at the end of the game "fingers crossed we all hope sporting can turn this result round at the etihad" just about summed up BT sports.

Not sure who the 2 English commentators were on the City game I streamed on Tuesday night but the comment from one of them at the end of the game "fingers crossed we all hope sporting can turn this result round at the etihad" just about summed up BT sports.
If was BT it would have been Darke and the missing link Keown.

Of course a country mile is different! ;-) A City mile is 5 times better!! ;-)

But in all seriousness a country mile was coined after a map maker called Henry Joist in 1651 made a mistake when he calibrated his instruments when he was in Essex. The term was originally an Essex mile.

I’m going to get matron to give me my medication now. Sorry. :-) ;-)
Sounds like he was mapping the metrolink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.