Russian invasion of Ukraine

Plane carrying 150 Russian Paras has been shot down apparently. Huzzah!
Horrible to say but the deaths of Russian soldiers must be seen as a positive.
Wishing for an end to this illegal invasion

AP confirms via DoD sources that not one but TWO Il-76s were shot down roughly 50 miles south of Kyiv during a major airborne assault operation. Russia suffering heavy losses.

Some ally when you do fuck all and can’t even criticise Russia. What good are India?
I've said that in another post, we simply cannot afford to damage our bilateral ties with Russia. I can tell you among the local populace there is more trust on Russia than the West. Also, there is no colonial baggage with them.

I appreciate the stance NATO and US have taken, but in a few days Kiev will fall and Putin will call for dialogue on his terms. Let's see if you still uphold the sanctions then.

What the fuck are they doing?

What do people think of this? This just looks fucking great for the club, eh?

Staying nuetral and tbf it isn't uncommon in UNSEC vote for many to do this, and yes it may be to us here in Europe unimaginable, but I really have no idea what relations between the UAE and ukraine were prior to this to understand their stance.
Certainly India (who have publicaly come out and condemed the invasion) have long standing issues with Ukraine over arms sales to Pakistan and voting in Pakistans favour on Kashmir.

China in abstaining is actially a big blow to russia, but again China has always said it would take a nuetral stance to conflicts outside their borders

UAE has been killing thousands in the Yemem for years now so tbh it's a bit hypocrotical for city fans that could ignore that to suddenly be outraged over this vote because it's a war in Europe, I find both actions equally cuntinsh behaviour from the rulers of the country.

I am not suprised nations in Asia have stayed nuetral on this, they have no skin in this game and are fighitng wars/conflicts of their own, this will be seen as a western problem and so while condeming Russia won't get involved further than that.

There are curently over 60+ wars/conflicts going on globally, and bar a faint interest geopolitically and economically, many UNSEC memeber will go no further than condemnation only, none of last nights vote is a major shock.

The UN sadly disapoints many times .

Russia have fucked themselves over in the eyes of the world for their behaviour no matter last nights vote and Putin will be reviled as the **** he is.

Last edited:
India and China should kiss goodbye to UK foreign aid. Why the fuck have India abstained? Wouldn't expect more of China as they are a turd on the planet.
At the end of the day, every country is looking for its own national security. India is in tough situation in all honesty, long conflict with Pakistan and potential conflict with neighboring China. Russia always supported India in UNSC historically, majority of India's armory is from Russia and India doesn't want to backstab it now when both of them are in tough situation. If you put yourself in a position of policymaker in India, you might understand their situation.

It is really frustrating but if we put aside our emotional bias, then we can understand their perspectives on the situation.

(and no I am not Indian).

Last edited:
Some ally when you do fuck all and can’t even criticise Russia. What good are India?

Ukraine sells arms to Pakistan.
Russia sell missile defence systems to India

India is presently fighting 3 internal conflicts in the country and will have no interest in this bar condemnation, sitting on the fence is no shock

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.