Russian invasion of Ukraine

I've said that in another post, we simply cannot afford to damage our bilateral ties with Russia. I can tell you among the local populace there is more trust on Russia than the West. Also, there is no colonial baggage with them.

I appreciate the stance NATO and US have taken, but in a few days Kiev will fall and Putin will call for dialogue on his terms. Let's see if you still uphold the sanctions then.
So to summarise the answer to my question “what good are india as an ally?” - the answer is “fuck all”

If you substitute russian for british I worked with a lad when overseas from Armagh in the 00s would say similar and get called a **** for it

War or conflicts are a strange thing, brings our inner hatred towards humanity out.

Nothing humane about invading a democratic nation who poses no threat to anybody, whose government doesn’t persecute its own people.

Killing women and children in the process. Blowing up kindergartens and now blocks of flats in the capital city.

So yeah, every Russian death is a minor victory in this. The Ukrainians didn’t start this, but I hope they finish it - one dead Russian at a time.

So to summarise the answer to my question “what good are india as an allay?” - the answer is “fuck all”

India have been a member of NAM since the begining, so from a war (even though we ain't at war atm) footing they are not allies and take a nuetral stance on conflicts.

View attachment 37244

Not sure Russian tanks are much use against an NLAW.

These things are the reason I believe for the seemingly high quoted number of Russian vehicles and tanks being destroyed.

Being in an armoured vehicle doesn't seem as advantageous as it did in decades previous. When these things will reliably blow up armoured vehicles.

I’d love that to be the case. But we had huge protests just before and as we invaded Iraq, and they did absolutely nothing to change the decision.

Putin is a megalomaniac, he’s less arsed about what people think of his decisions than anyone else on the planet. Even if millions of people were out protesting, I don’t think that would make one bit of difference to his decisions making.
There were 3M people just in Rome protesting against the invasion of Iraq, which is in the book of world records. I don’t think London would have been that far off that number either. Didn’t seem to bother Blair as you said.

India have been a member of NAM since the begining, so from a war (even though we ain't at war atm) footing they are not allies and take a nuetral stance on conflicts.
He said “Do you think the US will alienate their only ally in the sub-continent?”

So take it up with him. I couldn’t personally care what India or don’t do, they’re a complete irrelevance as a country as far as I’m concerned.

The news this morning talking about Russian bombs designed to suck the oxygen out of the atmosphere, and should things not go well for Putin, he might resort to them.
At what point will someone in Europe say fuck it, were on our way to help.

There were 3M people just in Rome protesting against the invasion of Iraq, which is in the book of world records. I don’t think London would have been that far off that number either. Didn’t seem to bother Blair as you said.

Did you really just compare Tony Blair to Putin?

Get to absolute fuck, you crank.

Nothing humane about invading a democratic nation who poses no threat to anybody, whose government doesn’t persecute its own people.

Killing women and children in the process. Blowing up kindergartens and now blocks of flats in the capital city.

So yeah, every Russian death is a minor victory in this. The Ukrainians didn’t start this, but I hope they finish it - one dead Russian at a time.

Wasn't my point, soildier when ordered will 99% of the time go into battle for their country whether the war is justified or not and any invading force will be stripped of their humanity and wished death upon.

Every Russian soldier that commits a war crime is fair game for death, but I do not wish one more death in this war to happen on any side I would wish it to end imediately and those who have commited crime be tried and sentende with the exception of Putins who needs shooting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.