Peter Doherty

I am not talking about consistency and your right even Bobby Charlton said best would blow hot and cold. But the pes stats show best was a more talented player than Doherty.

Shame you're not talking consistency cause its what professional sports is all about. The pes stats would likely show a street juggler would give Best a ten break but obviously that dont mean anything on an english professional pitch.

my father always said the best player he ever saw was Billy Wright
My father always rated Doherty as the best ever and he was a Wolves fan.

Mind you Billy Wright did once ask my mother to go out with him. My father was in RAF training at the time in Canada. She turned Billy down and married my father after he was demobbed,

Billy Wright eventually married Joy Beverely (one of the Beverley Sisters) some years later.

My father always rated Doherty as the best ever and he was a Wolves fan.

Mind you Billy Wright did once ask my mother to go out with him. My father was in RAF training at the time in Canada. She turned Billy down and married my father after he was demobbed,

Billy Wright eventually married Joy Beverely (one of the Beverley Sisters) some years later.

Did your father see Tom Finney play?

Yes but he couldn’t stand Finney or ‘big headed Tom’ as he called him.
Couldn't objectively rate him as a player then . First i have heard of Finney been big headed . He was by all accounts
a very humble man.

My old fella ( 75 ) can’t remember him playing but yes my Grandad used to say he was the best he had ever seen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.