Peter Doherty

Last game at Maine road I think they interviewed an old fella who had supported City his whole life
They asked the best player he had seen

he said he had 2 he couldn’t split, Doherty and Bell

My old fella ( 75 ) can’t remember him playing but yes my Grandad used to say he was the best he had ever seen
I am not surprised as Doherty last played fir City in 1939. That is nearly 83 years ago!

It's obviously an age thing, but I recall the programmes from the mid 70s when the "old codgers" would reminisce over players from the black-and-white-cloth-cap mid 30s such as Doherty, Tilson, and Brook.

Now I'm older I can appreciate that it's no different than me reminiscing over Corrigan, Tueart, and Hartford

It's obviously an age thing, but I recall the programmes from the mid 70s when the "old codgers" would reminisce over players from the black-and-white-cloth-cap mid 30s such as Doherty, Tilson, and Brook.

Now I'm older I can appreciate that it's no different than me reminiscing over Corrigan, Tueart, and Hartford

Did the old codgers thinks doherty was the best footballer they have seen.

Am I right there used to be a photo below main stand. I vaguely remember getting photo taken Carlisle at home, think we lost 3.1 David Phillips scored a cracker

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.