Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haaland is a global superstar with a following to match.

Kane is a top Premier League player with nobody outside of Seven Sisters caring much.

The thing is multi-faceted for City when Haaland joins us.

Bums on seats from wider afield, social media recognition across all platforms, a proven Champions League record.

Haaland and Kane is like comparing a Ferrari with a Range Rover.

Both have their enthusiasts but one is a prestige supercar, capable of incredible things, and the other is a decent off roader who can occasionally bomb a bit in the fast lane, but breaks down more than it should for the price.

Haaland is a global superstar with a following to match.

Kane is a top Premier League player with nobody outside of Seven Sisters caring much.

The thing is multi-faceted for City when Haaland joins us.

Bums on seats from wider afield, social media recognition across all platforms, a proven Champions League record.

Haaland and Kane is like comparing a Ferrari with a Range Rover.

Both have their enthusiasts but one is a prestige supercar, capable of incredible things, and the other is a decent off roader who can occasionally bomb a bit in the fast lane, but breaks down more than it should for the price.

funny how it works really isn’t it?

Haaland has not done anything Kane didn’t do already.

I’m I wonder how much of it is to do with Haaland being available and therefore more interesting to fans of all top clubs, and how much is to do with Mino and marketing.

However good Kane is (or isn’t), he is about to turn 29. He’s entering the danger zone, where we’ve seen players experience rapid decline. Paying astronomical sums to Spurs in addition to very high wages makes for a very poor investment when all things are considered. Even if Haaland doesn’t work out (and I see no reason why he wouldn’t), we should be able to recoup our initial investment. He also has broad international appeal, which makes him a lucrative asset from a marketing perspective.

From a pure footballing perspective, I see absolutely no reason why Kane would succeed here and Haaland wouldn’t. We’re in desperate need for a clinical finisher, which both players satisfy. However, Haaland appears to be quicker and more energetic. That is a significant bonus considering our general lack of pace up front. Either player may need a year or so to adapt. That isn’t really an issue for Haaland given that we should get at least 5 very productive years out of him. For Kane, this is clearly problematic.

I have no idea whether we’ll sign Haaland, but if we don’t then I certainly don’t want us to pursue Kane again. Instead, I’d rather that we sign a promising young player to compete with Alvarez and also bring in a quick winger to complement Sterling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.